Scholarships help in boosting your educational and career goals by removing financial hurdles. To cover study expenses, the University of Reading is offering the ESRC Fully-funded PhD International Studentships for the academic year 2022-2023.
The aim of this funding opportunity is to support financially highly motivated the UK and international applicants who want to commence a PhD degree programmme at the university.
Golden opportunity for overseas students in the UK
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1892, the University of Reading is a public university located in Reading, Berkshire, England. It has four major campuses and it has been at the forefront of UK higher education for nearly a century. The university has a beautiful campus comfortable environment to relax, work, and study. The well-being of our students and visitors is essential and we offer a wide range of security and support services across the campuses.
Why study at the University of Reading? The University of Reading offers a diverse choice of courses as well as great study and research opportunities. It supports you throughout your studies and, through personality development programmes, assists you in becoming the best version of yourself.
Application Deadline: January 14, 2022
- University or Organization: University of Reading
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Number of awards
- Nationality: UK and international applicants
- The program can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree program in the field of Social Sciences
- Admissible Criteria: To be accepted to study for a PhD, applicants will normally need to have an undergraduate degree of at least an Upper Second-class/2.1 (or equivalent) and/or a master’s degree, in a subject related to the proposed PhD topic. In some areas of the University (particularly in the arts, humanities, social sciences, and business) applicants are normally only accepted if they have a master’s level qualification.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be eligible for this studentship, you need to take admission application for the PhD degree at the university. An application for a place on a PhD programme is a separate step to applying for SeNSS funding.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must check all the entry requirements of the university.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to provide the following documents:
- High school diploma/transcript
- A level and International Baccalaureate qualifications required
- Overseas International Qualifications are allowed
- Proof of residency
- Language Requirement: The majority of PhD programmes require a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 however, some areas require a score of 7.0 these are: Henley Business School (with the exception of Business Informatics and Systems Accounting which accepts 6.5), School of Arts and Communication Design, School of Humanities, School of Languages Literature and European Studies and Institute of Education. The specific English requirements relating to your PhD programme will be specified on your offer of admission.
This educational award programme will cover tuition fees at the home rate; for international candidates offered a SeNSS award the difference between Home and International fees will be covered by the University of Reading.