If you want to get higher education in the UK, then apply for the ESRC North West Social Science DTP PhD Studentships at the University of Manchester for the academic session 2022/2023.
The funding award supports excellent and deserving students who want to commence a PhD degree in the School of Arts, Languages, and Cultures. The scholarship program will tuition fees, research expenses, and the living allowance of the successful candidates.
Great offer for overseas students in the UK
User Review( votes)
Manchester University is a well-known UK university that attracts thousands of international students each year. It was founded in collaboration with Victoria University’s Science and Technology Institute and the Institute of Manchester.
Why study at the University of Manchester? The university is included in the list of the world’s top universities due to its quality of education and innovation. Besides offering globally recognized courses, it provides well-being facilities and a supportive educational environment to its students.
Application Deadline: January 14, 2022
- University: University of Manchester
- Department: Faculty of Humanities and School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Tuition fees, research expenses and living allowance
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Number of awards
- Nationality: Domestic and international students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in the Faculty of Humanities School of Arts, Languages, and Cultures
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants should have, or expect to obtain, a 1stclass or 2.1 honours degree (or international equivalent) in Civil Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, or a related subject. A relevant Master’s degree in these areas would be advantageous.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the grant, applicants must need to take admission in PhD degree program at the university. After that, they should complete the online application form for this funding opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: Please send your two academic references, photocopies of degree certificates if the degree has already been awarded and official transcripts of the previous and current study, a research proposal, and a copy of your passport (if you will need a visa to study here), evidence of English language ability (if English is not your first language) – either IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English, or Trinity Integrated Skills in English III certificate. The required scores are an overall IELTS score of 7.0 with 7.0 in the writing component; a TOEFL score of 600 paper-based test or 100 internet-based test; a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of 76 overall with 76 in the writing component; or an overall Trinity Integrated Skills in English (ISE) III grade of Merit, with Merit in the writing component.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, check out the information about the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: All international students coming to study in the UK on a Tier 4 visa/Student Route visa are required to demonstrate their proficiency in English Language requirements.
The award program covers tuition fees, a maintenance stipend (the annual maintenance stipend for 2021-22 is £15,609), a research training support grant, and an opportunity to apply for additional funding towards overseas fieldwork, difficult language training, overseas institutional visits, and internships. An additional disability allowance can be provided where appropriate. Students opting to study part-time will receive a pro-rata maintenance stipend.