The National Centre for Earth Science Studies (NCESS) and Earth System Sciences Organization (ESSO) is delighted to offer its Junior Research Fellowship. The fellowship is available to pursue doctoral and postdoctoral research.
The aim of the fellowship is to support Indian students who want to pursue doctoral and postdoctoral research in the field of frontier areas of earth system sciences.
Worthy opportunity for Indian applicants.
User Review( votes)
The National Centre for Earth Science Studies(NCESS) is an autonomous research center to promote scientific and technological research and development studies in the earth sciences. NCESS pursues problems related to land, sea, and atmosphere. It was instituted by the government of Kerala in 1978, at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
University or Organization: NCESS and ESSO
Course Level: Doctoral and postdoctoral research
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Indian applicants
The program can be taken in India
Application Deadline: Closed
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- 1st class M.Sc./M.Tech. Degree in Earth System Sciences or related field with valid CSIR-UGC NET qualification for JRF.
- Fellowship is awarded in the field of Crustal Processes, Coastal Processes, Atmospheric Processes, and Natural Resources and Environmental Management.
- The qualifications mentioned are the minimum requirements. The Institute reserves the right to shortlist the candidates based on their qualification, experience, and publications, etc.
- This is applicable to CSIR-UGC NET-JRF qualified candidates and for candidates having
DST INSPIRE Fellowship.
- The age limit of Applicants not exceeding 28 years as on 30.09.2015.
- Indian applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply via post. The prescribed application format for the positions of JRF can be downloaded from the website. All applications should mention e-mail id and contact telephone number of the applicant.
- Supporting Documents: To avail, the age relaxation attested copies of caste certificates MUST be attached to the application form. Maximum five (05) years of age relaxation for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST category/ women candidates/ physically handicapped persons, and three (03) years for the candidates belonging to the OBC category will be allowed.
- Interested candidates should submit an ink signed copy of the application on the prescribed form only, failing which the application will be liable to be rejected.
- Attested copies in support of educational qualifications, experience, etc. MUST be submitted with the application.
- In case of SC/ST/OBC category students attested copy of caste certificate MUST be enclosed with the application.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a 1st class M.Sc./M.Tech degree.
The sponsorship will cover the following:
- 25,000/- p.m. consolidated plus admissible HRA, Leave and other benefits for initial two years, and Rs. 28,000/- p.m. consolidated plus admissible HRA and other benefits during the subsequent year/s subject to satisfactory performance.
- Sufficient contingent grant for supporting fieldwork etc. will also be provided during the tenure of the fellowship.