Applications are invited for SNSF Early Postdoctoral Mobility Fellowships intended to support young researchers, who wish to make a research stay abroad in order to enhance their scientific profile, and who subsequently wish to pursue a scientific career in Switzerland.
Early Postdoc. Mobility fellowships are designed for postdocs at the beginning of their career who wish to enhance their scientific profile by working at a research institution abroad.
A valuable opportunity for international students.
User Review( votes)
ETH Global is the staff unit for international relations at ETH Zurich. It fosters international partnerships in research and education and enhances the institution’s visibility abroad.
- Application Deadline:1 September 2020
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue the postdoctoral program.
- Study Subject: Applications are invited from all disciplines.
- Scholarship Award: CHF 3,000
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Swiss nationals
- Scholarship can be taken in Study Abroad
- Eligible Countries: Swiss nationals are eligible to apply for this fellowship program. Candidates who do not have Swiss citizenship must provide evidence of at least three years of activity at a research institution in Switzerland prior to the application.
- Entrance Requirements: At the time of the submission deadline, applicants must hold a doctorate from ETH Zurich (obtained no more than two years before the submission deadline), or finalize their doctorate within the next nine months.
- They must be Swiss nationals or hold a valid Swiss permanent residence, residence or cross-border commuter permit.
- Candidates who do not have Swiss citizenship must provide evidence of at least three years of activity at a research institution in Switzerland prior to the application.
- The mobility fellowship finances the researcher’s stay at a host institution abroad. The place of research must be different from the place of education.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Proposals must be submitted electronically via mySNF. To access mySNF, a user account is required; new user accounts must be requested two weeks before the deadline at the latest. Once created, the login-information will be forwarded to the applicant by the SNSF.
- Supporting Documents: For a full application, the research plan, The invitation letter, Two reference letters. documents are mandatory.
- The SNSF can contribute a maximum of CHF 3,000 per year towards research costs if certain requirements are met.
- Fellowship holders who bring their own financial contribution for covering living costs should generally receive adequate support from their host institution; this support should encompass, among other things, infrastructure as well as any consumables.