Rochester Institute of Technology is offering free online course on Cyber Security Risk Management. The goal of this course is to teach students the risk management framework with both qualitative and quantitative assessment methods that concentrate on the information security (IS) aspect of IT risks.
In this eight week course, applicants will learn key principles of risk analysis, risk assessment and risk mitigation for information security using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 10-12 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Rochester Institute of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $150
Rochester Institute of Technology is home to leading creators, entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers. Founded in 1829, RIT enrolls more than 18,600 students in more than 200 career-oriented and professional programs, making it among the largest private universities in the U.S.
About This Course
Cyber security risk management guides a growing number of IT decisions. Cybersecurity risks continue to have critical impacts on overall IT risk modeling, assessment and mitigation.
Why Take This Course?
The goal of this course is to teach students the risk management framework with both qualitative and quantitative assessment methods that concentrate on the information security (IS) aspect of IT risks. The relationship between the IT risk and business value will be discussed through several industry case studies.
- Information security risk management framework and methodologies
- Identifying and modeling information security risks
- Qualitative and quantitative risk assessment methods
- Articulating information security risks as business consequences
Dr. Tong Sun is an adjunct professor at Department of Computer Science, Rochester Institute of Technology. She is leading data analytics research lab at PARC, Xerox Company.
Successful completion of CYBER501x Cybersecurity Fundamentals
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)