EURECOM and the OpenAirInterface Software Alliance have joined forces to establish a new scholarship program for highly motivated students interested in pursuing a Master of Science in Intelligent Communication Systems.
The educational program is open to highly motivated students who want to pursue a Master of Science in Intelligent Communication systems and can demonstrate their interest in future intelligent networks (6G) and potential in Wireless Communications, Mobile Computing, Networking, Mobile Applications and Services, communication theory, Signal Processing, or network learning.
Great chance to study in France
User Review( votes)
EURECOM is a graduate school and research center in digital sciences based in the Sophia Antipolice technology park (French Riviera), a major European hub for telecommunications. It was established in 1991 as a consortium, allowing EURECOM to establish a vast network of prominent academic and industrial partners. The EURECOM collaboration was founded by the Institute of Mines-Telecom. The research teams are made up of foreign professionals who have been recruited at the highest level and whose work has been frequently honored and recognized internationally.
Why should join this program? EURECOM is a highly regarded research laboratory and graduate school. Its Communication Systems department is well-known for its contributions to theory and practice, having participated in a large number of EU projects, including several ERC and ITN Marie Curie projects. This department is also the founder and leader of the OpenAirInterface Software Alliance (OAI), the world’s first open-source 5G radio experimentation platform.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2023
- University or Organization: EURECOM and OpenAirInterface Software Alliance
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Master’s
- Award: EUR 5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in France
- Eligible Countries: Open to all nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Holding a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from a recognized top university
- Must appear in one of the international ranking lists: THE, QS, ARWU or in Top 50 Chinese Universities according to ARWU, Top 50 Indian engineering colleges or universities (NIRF India)
- Depending on the case, the top universities of the country appearing in THE, QS, ARWU, CS Ranking, Scimago by subject: Computer Science and ICT; or Location: Asia or Latin America ranking or in QS BRICS, Asia, Latin America, Arab Region or EECA (Emerging Europe and Central Asia) ranking.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants should apply online through the same application form as the Master’s program and specify in their motivation letter that they also want to be considered for one of the 6G Excellence scholarships.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must provide all the given supporting documents:
- Proof of excellence of the applicant’s university.
- Overall GPA or belonging to the top 10% of the class.
- A short letter describing past experience/courses and interests in the field.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must Fulfill all the given admission requirements:
- Minimum Overall GPA score of 3.5/4 (Or CGPA of 7/10) or belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class (an official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.)
- Demonstrate a proven interest in future intelligent networks (6G) and related fields of specialization
- Knowledge and willingness to work within the OpenAirInterface Alliance are strong assets
- Language Requirement: The applicants must Fulfill all the given language requirements:
- Cambridge (First certificate & ESOL) : Level B2 minimum
- TOEFL : 564
- TOEFL IBT : 80
- TOEIC : 750
- IELTS : 5.5
The EURECOM and OpenAirInterface Software Alliance will provide EUR 5,000 for the complete master’s duration (24 months) and is paid out to the awarded student after their arrival at EURECOM. Accommodation, tuition fees, visa fees, etc. must be paid by scholarship holders and non-holders alike, and scholarships cannot be combined with other EURECOM scholarship programs.