Applications are invited for Alpbach program funded by The European Forum Alpbach. This program is available to international applicants who are up to the age of 30.
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. A basic scholarship covers the participation fee (EUR 1.400) for the whole duration of the event.
User Review( votes)
The European Forum Alpbach was founded in 1945 by Otto Molden, who had been active in the Austrian resistance movement. More than 4,000 people from over 70 countries accept the invitation to participate in the European Forum Alpbach each year.
- Deadline: March 29, 2019 (11:59 noon CET)
- Course Level: The grant is open for Artists and non-graduates
- Award: Covers the participation fee (EUR 1.400)
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given
- Nationality: Applications from all countries are eligible to apply
- Scholarship take in: Austria
- Eligible countries: All countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The grant to participate in the Seminar Week and the Alpbach Symposia is available to international applicants up to the age of 30.
- They welcome applications from all countries and academic disciplines.
- Artists and non-graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Chinese nationals: Master students and PhD candidates (maximum 30 years of age) enrolled at the following Chinese universities can apply for a scholarship to the European Forum Alpbach 2019: Beijing Foreign Studies University, Fudan University, Peking University, Renmin University, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Tongji University, Tsinghua University.
- Taiwanese nationals: Students from Taiwan can apply for a funding for the European Forum Alpbach 2019 via the Lung Yingtai Cultural Foundation.
- All other nationals: You have the possibility to apply through the European Forum Alpbach Foundation or through one of our alumni Clubs or Initiative Groups (IGs) affiliated to the Forum Alpbach Network (FAN) which represent the Forum in more than 30 countries all over the world.
How to Apply:
To participate in this application applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://www.alpbach.org/en/forum2019/scholarships/online-application/
- Supporting Documents: The application should be written in English. A complete application requires the following:
- Motivational statement (up to 4,500 characters)
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates and transcripts
- Evidence of your English proficiency (only accepted in German or English)
- Admission Requirements: Not required
- A basic scholarship covers the participation fee (EUR 1.400) for the whole duration of the event (14.08.-30.08.2019).
- Should you not have sufficient funds to cover the costs of your stay, you can additionally apply for a residence scholarship which covers the accommodation (EUR 30 per day) or a fully-funded position providing accommodation (EUR 30 per day) and daily allowances for food (EUR 17 per day).