For the academic year 2018-2019 the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) will offer multiple grants to pursue European Master of Science in Photonics.
The European MSc in Photonics is an English-taught multidisciplinary programme of two years (120 ECTS) which leads to a joint degree from Ghent University and Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
User Review( votes)
Applications Deadline: Non-EEA candidates: May 1, 2018, EEA candidates: June 1, 2018, and students with a Belgian Bachelor: September 30, 2018.
Course Level: Scholarships is available for pursuing MSc programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of Photonics.
VUB Scholarships for European Master of Science in Photonics: For the academic year 2018-2019 the Vrije Universiteit Brussel will grant several fully-funded positions of 10 000,00 EUR per year to students of the European Master of Science in Photonics at VUB. This scholarship is foreseen to cover the cost of living inherent to studying in Brussels.
B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship:
- Three Entry Scholarships of 1000 Euro, at the beginning of the first semester of the first year of the MSc. The recipients are the 3 best-ranked students according to our selection criteria.
- Three Continuation Scholarships of 1500 Euro, at the start of the second semester of the first year of the MSc., will be awarded to the top 3 students according to the academic performance after semester 1. Also, students who didn’t receive the Entry support will be considered for the Continuation Scholarship.
- One Excellence support will be awarded, worth 5000 Euro, at the start of the second year of the MSc.
Number of Awards: Not Known
The award can be taken in Belgium
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: All applicants need to be in possession of a bachelor degree in Electrical engineering, in Electronics and Information Technology (EIT), in (Applied) Physics, Materials Science or an equivalent of this to be directly admitted to the program. Students in their last year of such a programme will however also be considered. Students with a Master degree in these fields can apply as well.
Applicants holding a Belgian bachelor or master degree in another field of Engineering or in Sciences are welcome to join the program through a personalised preparatory program (in Dutch) at VUB.
English Language Requirements: For foreign students, the following shall be accepted as proof:
- A TOEFL-TEST, taken as recently as within the last two years, showing a score of at least 570 (paper-based) or 87 (internet-based)
- An original “test report from” (TRF) from IELTS, issued as recently as within the last two years, with a minimum overall band score of 6.0
- Cambridge-ESOL: First Certificate in English (FCE)
University already asks the applicants to prepare the following documents at the early stage:
- Legalised copies of diplomas * and translation in English by a sworn translator.
- Legalised copies of diploma supplements *, stating the courses and the scores obtained per course and a translation in English. (These are also known as the transcript of records.)
- APS-certificate (for Chinese students only)
* Students in final year of BSc./MSc. or students who are not yet in the possession of the diploma must submit a certificate of enrollment + certificate which specifies the graduation date.
Non-EEA candidates need to prepare the following documents (preferably in .pdf format), after the interview and confirmation of admission.
- Copy of ID (or passport)
- Copy of English language proof
- Copy of BSc. (and/or MSc) degree (if available)
- Copy of BSc. (and/or MSc) transcripts (or transcripts of courses completed so far)
- Copy of Letters of recommendation
- Supporting documents (e.g. paper, list of publications, awards)
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.