Knowledge-Economy Skills Scholarships supported by European Social Funds (ESF) is now open for the excellent academic transcripted applicants from Wales.
This educational award is available for supporting candidates to learn about Ph.D., research projects in different fields and purposing to provide tuition fee and some other expenses.
User Review( votes)
Aberystwyth University is ranked in of the top 50 universities in the UK. It is officially established in the middle of the 19th century and has 8000 students studying across academic faculties and 17 departments.
Why at Aberystwyth University? At this university, the applicant gets to explore a wonderful experience of student life and a chance of learning good teaching facilities along with personality and communication campuses.
Application Deadline: Open
- East Wales MPhil and MRes project applications are open.
- No Further PhD places are available for West Wales. West MPhil and MRes applications can be submitted at any time.
Eligibility criteria have to be followed by the applicants-
- Candidates from Wales are eligible for this fund.
- Participants can apply for a research degree program in the field of ICT & Digital Economy, Life Sciences & Health, Low Carbon, Energy & Environment, and Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Applicant must be scoped in partnership with a company partner and the company partner will have to grant an annual cash contribution between £3.75k – £7k +VAT.
- Those who hold a Master in Research degree already are not eligible for this award.
How to Apply
- How to apply: For this grant, you must have to take admission in the research program at the university. After completing the admission you need to download the application form and contact the employer +44 (0)1970 623111 Aberystwyth University, Reception, Penglais, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3FL for more information about the award.
- Supporting Documents: Right now there are no supporting documents required but at the time of admission, the university can ask.
- Admission Requirements: Students have to submit their thesis in 3.5 years for Ph.D.and 1year 3 months for Research Masters.
The scholarship offers the eligible participant (student) :
- A monthly stipend in line with RCUK rates: 3 years of funding @ £14,628 per year for PhD, and one-year funding @ £11,702 for Research Masters.
- University tuition fees are waived by Aberystwyth University.
- An opportunity to access a suite of higher-level skills training and attendance at a residential KESS Grad School. All participants must complete the KESS Postgraduate Skills Development Award.
- A minimum of 30 days a year working with the company partner on their allocated project.
- Standard KESS budget for other research project related costs (travel, consumables and equipment).
- Student must complete and submit their thesis in 3.5 years for PhD; 1year 3 months for Research Masters.