The African Research Fellowship (ARF) program, jointly carried out by European Space Agency with the African Union Commission, is pleased to announce the African Researchers Fellowship (ARF) program to encourage African students for the academic year 2023-2024.
The Fellowship scheme is open for African Researchers with high academic performance in PhD or Master‘s Degrees with extensive research experience. Successful candidates will get education funds for 1-year fellowships to four African Researchers.
Valuable chance for African Researchers to study in France.
User Review( votes)
The European Space Agency ESA French is an intergovernmental association of 22 member states committed to exploring space. Founded in 1975 and headquartered in Paris, ESA had a worldwide staff of about 2,200 in 2018 and an annual budget of about €4.9 billion in 2023.
Why would you like to become part of this program? It develops web technologies for engagement, outreach, and education. It will set up virtual research laboratories and collaborative research atmospheres, supply e-learning and educational resources for specialists and the general, and launch citizen science and crowd-sourcing projects.
Application Deadline: 31 March 2023.
- University or Organization: European Space Agency
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD or Master’s degree
- Award: Education fund
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in France
- Eligible Countries: African Researchers can apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded PhD or Master’s Degree in any subject offered by the ESA.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates shall propose a 1-year R&D proposal contributing to Water resources management and Food security Submissions focusing on smallholder needs (e.g., farming, agricultural water use, regenerative agriculture, water productivity, irrigation systems, nutrients management, infestations) or related to coastal processes (e.g., ecosystems, coastal waters, coastal geomorphology, and change, coastal urbanization, tourism…) and fisheries (e.g., aquaculture, habitat suitability, blooms, implications of climate change are especially welcome.
- The activity will be coordinated and aligned with the EO AFRICA R&D Initiative, which provides training opportunities and scientific tools for the selected African research fellows. The EO AFRICA Space Academy and its Digital Campus will give access to a wide range of expertise and knowledge to be shared with research fellows. The EO AFRICA Innovation Lab will allow the African research fellows to collaborate directly with European scientists and implement their research ideas.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To get this opportunity, candidates must submit an application that will consider for this fellowships program.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit the following documents:
- Research Proposal
- CV with the most recent publication list. A document containing both the CV and publication list shall not be longer than 3 pages max.
- Copy of ID
- Scan of PhD or Master Diploma
- 2 Reference letters
- Admission Requirements: Candidates have PhD or Master’s degree with extensive research experience.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must be proficient in English language proficiency.
The European Space Agency will provide an education fund for 1-year fellowships to four African Researchers to work at the ESA-ESRIN premises in Frascati (Rome, Italy) in collaboration with ESA’s scientists.