Applicants are invited to apply for the Facebook Meta Fellowships programme for the academic year 2023-2024. International and domestic aspirants can apply for the programme.
The Meta Research PhD Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in the areas related to Computer Science and Engineering at an accredited university. The winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive two years of paid tuition and fees, a $42,000 annual stipend to cover living costs, various opportunities to engage with Meta researchers, and an invitation to the annual Fellowship Summit.
Wonderful opportunity for students in the USA.
User Review( votes)
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities and grow businesses. With the addition of close mentorship, the Meta Research PhD program aims to engage with our Fellowship winners, learn alongside them, and discover emerging opportunities in the industry together.
Application Deadline: The last date of application is September 20, 2022.
University or Organization: Facebook
Course Level: Research program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International students
The program can be taken in the USA
You are eligible to apply for the program as long as you are:
- Enrolled in a PhD program at an accredited university in the fall following the application cycle (i.e., Fall 2023)
- Engaged in research related to computer science and engineering in areas relevant to Meta, as specified in the Available Fellowships section
The program is open to students at all accredited universities around the world.
- How to Apply: All applicants must use their Facebook accounts to apply. Applicants may prepare to apply by creating a SurveyMonkey Apply account. During the application process, applicants will be asked to provide references‡ contact information. Once the application is submitted, references will receive an email to upload their letters in SurveyMonkey Apply by October 6, 2022.
- Supporting Documents: Applications must include a 500-word research summary, resume, or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted.
- CV or resume. There is no page limit to the resume or CV. In this case, it may be worthwhile to have a longer CV to complement your achievements or any publications you would like to share.
- Research statement. Statements of research should be 500 words or less. They should clearly identify your area of focus, its importance to the field, and its applicability to Meta as it pertains to one of the Available Fellowships. Note that references or citations count toward the 500-word limit. To optimize the word count for research statements, references and citations should be added to CVs, which do not have a word or page limit.
- Two letters of recommendation. One of the letters of recommendation needs to come from a PhD advisor or a research advisor. The other may come from another professor or industry contact.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program, applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements to be able to study there.
The award winners will receive two years of tuition and fees paid and a $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs.
Facebook Fellowship Award Includes:
The award funds are delivered during the fall term of the awarded year(s) and conclude at the end of the Spring term. If a Fellow graduates in the middle of the academic year, they will receive their full tuition for the semester and half of their stipend amount (in alignment with the semester).
- The $42,000 stipend cannot be redirected to the university‡s lab as gift funding. Stipends must be paid directly to Fellows.
- Tuition and stipend/travel funds cannot be combined and paid to the university.
- Fellows do not receive equipment directly from Meta, but they can use their stipend to buy themselves a computer or any equipment necessary for conducting their research.
- Fellows cannot join Meta‡s savings account plans (e.g., 401k, Health Savings Account, etc.) since they are not Meta employees.