If you are looking to embark on a career in the field of Biophysics, then you can apply for Faculty of Science PhD Scholarships at the University of Copenhagen.
The PhD positions are open in the experimental group of Liselotte Jauffred at the Niels Bohr Institute. The research activities will focus on evolutionary dynamics in bacterial colonies and will be carried out in the Experimental Biophysics Lab in collaboration with the Center for Models of Life.
Worthy offer for students in Denmark.
User Review( votes)
The University of Copenhagen (UCPH) is a public research university in Copenhagen, Denmark. Founded in 1479, the University of Copenhagen is the second-oldest university in Scandinavia and ranks as one of the top universities in the Nordic countries and Europe.
Why study at the University of Copenhagen? The University of Copenhagen is a research-led university that provides research and education of the highest international standards. With over 40,000 students and more than 9,000 employees, the University of Copenhagen (UCPH) is one of the largest institutions of research and education in the Nordic countries.
Application Deadline: May 9, 2021
- University or Organisation: University of Copenhagen
- Department: Faculty of Science
- Course level: PhD degree
- Number of Awards: 2
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible country: Application are accepted from around the world
- Eligible course or subject: PhD degree in Biophysics
- Eligibility Criteria: Students must meet the following:
- Applicants should hold an MSc degree in Physics, Engineering or Molecular Biology with good results and good English skills. As criteria for assessing your qualifications, emphasis will also be laid on previous publications (if any) and relevant work experience.
How to Apply
- How to apply: The candidates must register on the university’s apply now and complete the application. After that, applicants have to complete the scholarship application form.
- Supporting Requirements: Submit the following:
- Cover Letter, stating which PhD project you are applying for and detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Acceptance Letter for the relevant MSc Programme at SCIENCE, if any
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any)
- Admission Requirements: The candidate must have a masters degree in a relevant subject.
- Language Requirements: Applicants who have previously studied in an English-speaking country, or have acquired fluent English proficiency by other means, may be exempt from submitting formal English test results to demonstrate their English proficiency.