The University of Amsterdam is inviting applicants for the Amsterdam Excellence funding for the high-potential students in the Netherlands. Students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an excellence scholarship.
The Faculty of Science aims to attract talented students to their international classrooms. It offers several programs designed to offer – both Dutch and international – motivated students the opportunity to pursue a Science degree at the University of Amsterdam.
Nice opportunity for students from outside the European Economic Area.
User Review( votes)
The University of Amsterdam is a public university located in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Established in 1632 by municipal authorities and later renamed for the city of Amsterdam, the University of Amsterdam is the third-oldest university in the Netherlands.
Applicants must proof of English proficiency (IELS/TOEFL): TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components).
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2020
- Course Level: The studentships are awarded for pursuing Master’s program
- Study Subject: The studentships are offered in diverse fields
- Award: €25,000 (covering tuition and living expenses)
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for excellence scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates wishing to apply for an AES programme should:
- not have the nationality of one of the countries of the EU/EEA or Suisse
- not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA
- not receive a full coverage funding for the same period of study as the AES
- have submitted a complete application to one of the MSc programmes (see the website of your MSc programme for the application and admission procedure)
- have been (or will be) admitted for the first time to one of the MSc programmes at the UvA
- have completed their previous academic programme no longer than 3 years ago
- How to Apply: Application for the Amsterdam Excellence award is part of the application procedure for the Master’s program of your choice. On your application form, they ask whether you want to be considered for a UvA scholarship.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must proof of English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL): TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components.