The University of Amsterdam is inviting applications for Faculty of Science excellence scholarships. Students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an excellence scholarship.
The Faculty of Science aims to attract talented students to their international classrooms. It offers several programs designed to offer – both Dutch and international – motivated students the opportunity to pursue a Science degree at the University of Amsterdam.
Nice opportunity for students from outside the European Economic Area.
User Review( vote)
The University of Amsterdam is a public university located in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Established in 1632 by municipal authorities and later renamed for the city of Amsterdam, the University of Amsterdam is the third-oldest university in the Netherlands.
Applicants must proof of English proficiency (IELS/TOEFL) : TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components).
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2020
- Course Level: The studentships are awarded for pursuing Master’s program at the University of Amsterdam.
- Study Subject: The studentships are offered in diverse fields of Faculty of Science to help students in upgrading their education.
- Award: The Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) is a fully-funded position of €25,000 (covering tuition and living expenses) for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year (for two-year Master’s programs).
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Students from outside the European Economic Area
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for excellence scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates wishing to apply for an AES program should:
- not have the nationality of one of the countries of the EU/EEA or Suisse
- not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (Studiefinanciering; for more information please refer to www.duo.nl).
- not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA
- not receive a full coverage funding for the same period of study as the AES
- have submitted a complete application to one of the MSc programmes (see the website of your MSc program for the application and admission procedure)
- have been (or will be) admitted for the first time to one of the MSc programs at the UvA
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable)
- have completed their previous academic programme no longer than 3 years ago
- The International Team should be notified as soon as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit or additional financial support throughout the academic year.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must proof of English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL) :TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components.
How to Apply: Application for the Amsterdam Excellence award is part of the application procedure for the Master’s program of your choice. On your application form, we ask whether you want to be considered for a UvA scholarship. Please check this box if you want to be considered and if you fulfill all the requirements mentioned above.
Furthermore, enclose a paragraph in your motivation letter for the MSc Programme in which you explain why you wish to be nominated for the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship and what it would mean for your future academic career. This motivation letter should be uploaded in DataNose.
After applying, the coordinators of the MSc Programmes decide which students qualify to apply for the opportunity . All students will be informed as soon as possible.
Two-year Master’s program
Students who are awarded an AES are expected to complete their first year of study with good in order to receive the program for the second year as well. The Faculty of Science requires that students satisfy the supplementary requirements imposed on students by the faculty and program, such as the obligation to attend all classes, good progress and effort.