Every year the Delft University of Technology offers four Excellence Scholarships for Sub-Saharan African Students. these endowments provide a full fee waiver for a TU Delft MSc programme and living expenses for 2 years.
University’s aim is to stimulate excellent students from Sub-Saharan countries and strengthen their relationship with the countries they come from.
Its the best offer for students from Sub-Saharan countries to receive financial help to study in the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
The Delft University of Technology also known as TU Delft is the largest and oldest Dutch public technological university, located in Delft, Netherlands. With eight faculties and numerous research institutes, hosts over 19,000 students (undergraduate and postgraduate), more than 3,300 scientists, and more than 2,200 support and management staff.
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing the master programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the fields of the MSc programme.
- Award: financial aid positions will cover the followings: €25.000 per year for Sub-Saharan students, which includes:
- Full tuition fees for a TU Delft MSc programme based on the statutory fee or institutional rate, according to the registered nationality, AND contribution for the living expenses.
- Membership to the Scholarship club giving access to personal development, workshops, seminars, etc.
- An MSc thesis topic which relates to the Sustainable Development Goals and TU Delft | Global Initiative.
- Be our ambassador for Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Nationality: Sub-Saharan African
- Number of Awards: Four opportunities are available.
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Students of Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe can apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Excellent international applicants (conditionally) admitted to one of the 2-year Regular TU Delft’s MSc programmes.
With a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 per cent or higher of the scale maximum in the bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in one of the above-mentioned countries.
- English Language Requirements: Proof of English language proficiency
- A TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with an overall Band score of at least 90 and a minimum score of 21 for each section. Please note that we only accept the TOEFL internet-based test.
- An IELTS (academic version) with an overall Band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
- Proof that you have passed the Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)exam, the Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) exam or the Cambridge English: Business Higher (BEC Higher) exam
How to Apply:
Check if you’re eligible for this application
Complete your MSc application (check the admission requirements)
In addition to all the regular documents for an MSc programme application:
Upload the application Form
Upload two reference letters (in one PDF document, check admission requirements)
Please note that Non-EU/EFTA students must include their English test with their application (if required). EU/EFTA students can submit this document in a later stage according to the Admission instructions.
Only students meeting this deadline who have been (conditionally) admitted to one of the MSc programmes of TU Delft could be considered for these endowments.