To support international media representatives in reporting on the topics of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2022, the Falling Walls Foundation has announced its FALLING WALLS SCIENCE SUMMIT 2022 JOURNALIST FELLOWSHIP for the ongoing academic year.
This fellowship by the Falling Walls Foundation offered in Germany is open to applications solely from international media representatives with a proven track journalist record who will also be expected to research and publish on a chosen topic related to the Falling Walls Science Summit. Selected candidates will each receive a fellowship grant in lump sum travel, accommodation, and per diem expenses for the whole duration of the fellowship program.
User Review( votes)
Falling Walls Foundation is the unique global hub connecting science, business, and society that shapes the future of humanity by impact-oriented ideas and discoveries, driven by its shared dedication to creating breakthroughs across borders and disciplines.
The Falling Walls Foundation is channeling this iconic image as a not-for-profit organization based in Berlin. The foundation sets the highest standards for its work, particularly in upholding the relevance and the quality of its activities to help science engage audiences in innovative and impactful ways as a science-driven creative organization with an international and interdisciplinary mindset.
Application Deadline: 2nd October 2022 is the last date for application submission.
- University or Organization: Falling Walls Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Expenses and Accommodation
- Number of Awards: 20
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Eligible Countries: International candidates can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates can apply for the Falling Wall Science Summit Journalist Fellowship.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be international media representatives with a proven track journalist record (freelance or staff).
- The applicants are expected to research and publish on a chosen topic related to the Falling Walls Science Summit.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested candidates must prepare the application documents in one PDF and mail them to [email protected] to successfully submit an application and be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter and short exposé/research plan (1 – 1,5 pages) on your preferred topic, including planned publication date and media contact. Please note: the subject of your reporting must be based on one of the event topics. See the full list of topics below.
- Short CV of your journalistic career and – if applicable – journalism grants, awards, etc.
- three examples of your journalistic work within a field of science
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must be international media representatives with topics similar or inclusive in the Science Summit 2022.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must meet the language requirements of admission to the program if any.
The Falling Walls Foundation will provide the selected candidates a grant in lump sum provided by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research including accommodation, travel and per diem expenses, and event fees for the whole duration of the fellowship program (6-10 November 2022) as well as research and reporting costs, if those apply.