The University of California is offering a Fellowship & Educational Programs Administrator to the students. The award amount is commensurate with experience, and the number of awards is one. The study program is open for the academic session 2022/2023.
This scholarship is available to domestic students in the United States. Eligible countries for this application are the United States. The Fellowship & Educational Programs Coordinator ensures that all departmental educational activities are integrated with the overall goals and mission of the Department of Pediatrics, the UCSD School of Medicine, and UCSD at large.
User Review( votes)
Application Deadline: October 06, 2022.
- Organization: University of California
- Department: Pediatrics/Administration
- Course level: Postgraduate
- Award Amount: Commensurate with Experience
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic Student
- Eligible Countries: United States
- Eligibility: Students who can apply for postgraduate must have Six (6) years of related experience, education/training, OR a Bachelor‡s degree in a related area plus two (2) years of related experience/training offered at the University of California.
The Department of Pediatrics is one of the largest departments within the UCSD School of Medicine, with comprehensive clinical programs, extensive basic science and clinical research, and diverse educational opportunities for students, residents, and fellows. The internationally renowned faculty play a major role in medical and graduate student training, providing educational and programmatic offerings that span several disciplines and provide diversity to meet the interests of a broad spectrum of students and scholars. More than one hundred trainees at the graduate student and postdoctoral level, as well as more than 300 professional, research, and administrative staff who, along with the department administrators, interact closely with the faculty. The diverse mix of ages, backgrounds, and talents creates a robust work environment with challenging career opportunities and a commitment to continued growth potential. We constantly seek to recruit highly motivated, technologically-advanced, and interested individuals to become a part of our dynamic, cutting-edge research, clinical, and educational environment.
The incumbent will provide administrative support to UCSD Pediatric Fellowship Programs and assist the Fellowship Program Director by ensuring that accreditation standards are met, educational activities are established, Fellowship policies are created, disseminated to Fellows, and enforced, and recruitment strategies are implemented so that highly successful Fellowship programs are maintained.
- Six (6) years of related experience, education/training, OR a Bachelor‡s degree in a related area plus two (2) years of related experience/training.
- Demonstrated experience with the medical education process, including postgraduate residency training and continuing medical education after residency.
- Basic knowledge of relevant policies and regulatory requirements. Basic knowledge of health professions education industry.
- Knowledge of administrative analysis and operations research. Acquiring skills in developing and implementing processes and systems. Familiarity with the administrative and operational implications of a program.
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and active listening. Service-oriented and responsive to questions and requests. Ability to interact in a professional, resourceful, and courteous manner.
- Effective interpersonal skills. You have demonstrated the ability to develop working relationships within the department and with learners.
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical, and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Knowledge of educational technology and systems. Ability to generate reports and extract and analyze data in electronic systems. Ability to troubleshoot and triages related technology issues.
- Ability to complete work and meet established deadlines in an accurate and timely manner.
- Experience with ERAS and Med Hub software.
How to Apply
To apply for a job, you will need to submit an application or resume. Applications can be submitted online, in person, or by mail. Resumes should be tailored to the specific job you are applying for. Include your contact information, work history, education, and skills. You may also need to provide references. Once your application or resume is submitted, you will be considered for the job. You may be asked to participate in an interview.