Do you want to become a PI (principal investigator) of the next generation? ITMO University is accepting applications for the ITMO Fellowship Program. The approved applicants (experienced researchers) are invited to start their collaborations with ITMO University laboratories within 6 months after the announcement of the decision.
The aim of the fellowship program is to strengthen ITMO University as a research hub through international academic mobility and collaboration. The program offers short- and long-term collaboration and employment options suitable for researchers at any stage of their careers.
Nice opportunity to study in Russia.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1900, ITMO University is one of the leading higher education institutions in Russia. It conducts research and provides training in advanced science, information technology, engineering, and humanities. Its main areas of focus are IT, photonics, robotics, smart technologies, science art, and urban studies.
Why study at ITMO University? ITMO University offers high-quality education in a wide range of fields with over 15 international Master’s programs. All programs are taught exclusively in English. ITMO offers students a chance to not only study at a top-ranked university in Russia but also expand their horizons and gain a competitive edge in today’s market.
Application Deadline: The call for proposals is open all year round.
- University or Organization: ITMO University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Salary of 200,000 RUB per month and Allowance of 200,000 RUB per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Russia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Fellowships are available for researchers in their postdoctoral, early career and professorial stages to undertake a research project.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Researchers from all nationalities are eligible for these fellowships.
- Only for individuals who completed a PhD degree in countries outside Russia or have minimum 3 years of international experience in the world’s top universities
- Without prior employment history at ITMO University
- , Professors or Associate professor positions at the world’s leading universities are preferable
- The h-index from 7 is preferable
- Applicants must have completed a PhD degree in countries outside Russia.
- PhD holders (or equivalent). For holders of a Russian PhD, international experience at the world’s leading universities is preferred
- Without prior employment history at ITMO University
- H-index of 7 and higher is preferred
- Assistant/associate professor position at one of the world’s leading universities preferred;
- COVID-19 vaccination is required
- All aforementioned criteria are preferable but not mandatory. Outstanding applicants with other professional achievements supported by extra documents are also welcome to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are bounded to fill out the online application form with the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- Before submitting the application, contact the host department or Unit to plan a collaborative Research Project. Research Lab or Unit must confirm its commitment to work with the candidate by the Letter of Support.
- Supporting Documents: To upload the required documents, applicants will need to provide the following:
- PhD diploma (or equivalent);
- Letters of recommendation (for the Visiting Lecturer track — from previous organizations where they have delivered courses; for all other tracks — from 2 referees).
- Project proposal/course syllabus: The research proposal must contain:
- Project title
- Project scope
- Motivation and matching with the international research agenda (what challenges the project can answer and how, arguments confirming project feasibility and prospects of the selected research direction, references to related works, recognized and supported projects)
- Relevance to ITMO University priority research directions
- Candidate research background (an experience that ensures that the project can be successfully completed)
- Research plan (stages, presence in SPb)
- Reference people
- Letter of support from a host department at ITMO: The Letter of Support must include:
- Objectives and expected results of the Project;
- Project duration;
- Expected KPIs;
- The amount of money required for its successful completion;
- Signature of the Head of the Research Lab or Unit.
- Admission Requirements: Before starting the process, applicants are required to meet all the entry requirements to study at ITMO. An ideal candidate for the position of Fellow should be ready to carry out independent research projects with ITMO scientists and students, assemble their own team, and assume a leading position at an ITMO lab.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by ITMO University.
ITMO University provides all participants with:
- Visa Support
- Travel Support
- Insurance: Medical health insurance is provided for the entire period of their fellowship (for Postdoc and Fellowship tracks).
- Relocation Support: ITMO will help applicants to choose and rent an apartment, find a kindergarten/school for their children, and more.
- Adaptation Support
- Other Benefits: Don’t miss out on fun corporate events and other benefits of being a part of ITMO’s family.
- Contract period: Up to 3 years (a 1-year contract with the possibility of extension)
- Work format: Permanent relocation to St. Petersburg, Remote work is not possible
- Salary: 200,000 RUB per month (before 13% income tax)
- Additional remuneration: Allowance of 200,000 RUB per year (covers equipment, materials, publication and participation fees)