European University Institute is pleased to offer the Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowships in the area of Economics, Law, History, and Civilization, Political and Social Sciences in Italy for the academic session 2023-2024.
Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowships provide a framework for established academics with an international reputation to pursue their research at the EUI. Fellowships last for up to ten months in one of the EUI’s four Departments which in turn invite fellows to participate in departmental activities.
Wonderful chance for international students in Italy.
User Review( vote)
Founded in 1972, the European University Institute is an international postgraduate and post-doctoral teaching and research institute established by European Union member states to contribute to cultural and scientific development in the social sciences from a European perspective. EUI is designated as an international organization.
Why would like to choose the European University Institute? They contribute to the cultural and scientific development of Europe through teaching at the highest university level, interdisciplinary research on salient societal challenges, and robust intellectual discourse and debate. EUI is characterized by its thriving intellectual climate, rich in seminars, conferences, and events, and hosts leading academics and policy-makers from around the world.
Application Deadline: 30 March and/or 30 September each year
- University or Organization: European University Institute
- Department: Department of Economics, Law, History, and Civilisation, Political and Social Sciences
- Course Level: Fellowships
- Award: € 3,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Italy
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any Economics, Law, History, Civilization, Political, and Social Sciences.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The fellowships are open to established academics with an international reputation.
- Candidates of all nationalities are eligible.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be enlisted in the program, students have to take admission to the fellowship program at the university. Submit the application only when you have filled in all the information correctly and have successfully uploaded the final version of the attachments.
- Supporting Documents: Prepare your CV (a short CV of a maximum of 5 pages including education, professional experience, prizes, and other significant achievements) with a selected list of publications (a list of your books, contributions to books, and major professional journals) in PDF
- Prepare a research proposal (2-4 pages) in PDF.
- Reference Letters
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants should have a good knowledge of English and any other language relevant to their proposed research.
- The university will provide a monthly stipend of € 3,000. The grant amount for successful applicants whose normal place of residence is within 90 km of Florence will be fixed at a lower rate.
- Medical Insurance
- Travel and Removal/Installation Expenses