The International Student Office is providing the Final Thesis Scholarships for International Students at the University of Oldenburg in Germany.
The bursaries are open to international students who are in the final stages of their degree programme, funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
The Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg is a university located in Oldenburg, Germany. It is one of the most important and highly regarded educational facilities in northwestern Germany and specialises in interdisciplinary & sustainable development studies and renewable energy studies with the focus on solar and wind energy.
- Applications Deadline: January 14, 2020
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for any degree program.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to pursue subjects offered by the university.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Not known
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Entrance Requirements:
- Expected to graduate during the summer semester 2020
- Residence permit for the purpose of study (according to Section 16 of the German Residence Law)
- Monthly income during scholarship payment must be no higher than EUR 450
- All international students who are likely to finish their degree programme at the University of Oldenburg in the summer semester (Sommersemester) 2020 are eligible to apply.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply:
- Filled application form
- Motivation letter (Reason for applying, the topic of your thesis, time plan for completion, etc.)
- Transcript with a grade average
- Enrolment certificate
- Copy of the residence permit from your passport
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor of your thesis
- In this recommendation letter, your supervisor should answer the following questions: How did you get to know the applicant? How would you judge the applicant’s performance in your seminars? How much does the applicant’s thesis fit his/her profile? What result do you expect from the applicant’s thesis? When is the applicant roughly going to finish his/her thesis and/or other exams? How would you describe the applicant’s personality?
- The letter of recommendation must be submitted in a closed envelope or sent by e-mail by the supervisor to [email protected]
If a successful applicant has one or several student jobs which provide him with an income of more than EUR 450 per month before taxes, the scholarship will be reduced by the amount that exceeds the limit of EUR 450.