The International Student Office is able to award scholarships for international students for the finishing phase of their degree programme, funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The bursaries are worth up to 400 EUR per month for a duration of 3 to 4 months.
All international students who are likely to finish their degree programme at the University of Oldenburg in the summer semester (Sommersemester) 2019 are eligible to apply.
User Review( votes)
The Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg is a university located in Oldenburg, Germany. It is one of the most important and highly regarded educational facilities in northwestern Germany and specialises in interdisciplinary & sustainable development studies and renewable energy studies with the focus on solar and wind energy.
- Applications Deadline: January 15, 2019
- Course Level: award is available for any degree program.
- Study Subject: award is awarded to pursue subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: If a successful applicant has one or several student jobs which provide him with an income of more than 450 euros per month before taxes, the support will be reduced by the amount that exceeds the limit of 450 Euro (requirement from the DAAD).
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Not known
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
Entrance Requirements: Application prerequisites:
- Expected to graduate during the summer semester 2019
- Residence permit for the purpose of study (§16)
- Monthly income during scholarship payment must be no higher than 450 EUR
All international students who are likely to finish their degree programme at the University of Oldenburg in the summer semester (Sommersemester) 2019 are eligible to apply. Good academic performance, as well as financial need, are required; voluntary work inside or outside the university is desired but not mandatory.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply:
- Filled application form
- Motivation letter (Reason for applying, the topic of your thesis, time plan for completion, etc.)
- Transcript with a grade average
- Enrolment certificate
- Copy of the residence permit from your passport
- If available yet: A copy of the registration of the thesis with the Examinations Office
- If available: Proof of voluntary work (brief confirmation is sufficient)
- If you are married: Information about your family’s overall income, including proof, if available
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor of your thesis