As part of the Moving Words project, ACMS is currently accepting applications for two scholarships to students accepted for an MA in Migration and Displacement at the University of the Witwatersrand in 2020.
The African Centre for Migration & Society (ACMS) is Africa’s leading scholarly institution for research and teaching on human mobility. Established in 1993, ACMS is an independent, interdisciplinary and internationally engaged institution focusing on the relationships among human movement politics, poverty, and social transformation.
User Review( votes)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: 28 February 2020
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study MA programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Migration and Displacement at the University of the Witwatersrand in 2019.
- Scholarship Award: Each scholarship will be to the value of ZAR 100,000 and will run for twelve months, from 1 March 2019 to 28 February 2020.
- Nationality: South African students from previously disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Two scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: South African students from previously disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Accepted for an MA in migration and displacement
- South African students from previously disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply
- Applicants holding funding from other sources are not eligible to apply
Applications will be assessed by a committee at the ACMS. Considerations will include demonstrated academic performance, research interests and financial need.
How to Apply: To apply, or for further information regarding the application process, please contact Naledi Mazibuko: naledi.mazibuko-at-wits.ac.za.
Applications must include the following:
- A recent CV
- A cover letter that outlines previous academic performance, indicates research interests aligned with the project and demonstrates financial need
- A letter of recommendation from a previous work supervisor or lecturer.