In recognition of the achievements made by PhD students as researchers and scholars, the University of Rhode Island is offering them the First-Year Doctoral International Fellowships to enable them to pursue graduate studies in the USA.
The fellowship is being offered solely to new applicants at the University of Rhode Island for PhD programs in the Fall 2023 semester. Full-time candidates will be considered. The fellowship applications must be made by the candidates’ department/program or faculty. The fellowship includes a stipend of $37,000 and other benefits such as tuition fees and health insurance.
Wonderful opportunity for overseas students in the USA.
User Review( votes)
The University of Rhode Island is a public land-grant research university ranked 182nd out of 443 National Universities. It is a flagship university with a main campus in the village of Kingston in southern Rhode Island. The university was founded in 1892 for enriching the lives of its students through its land, sea, and urban grant traditions.
Why choose to study at the University of Rhode Island? Being a diverse and dynamic community with members connected by a common quest for knowledge, the University of Rhode Island is a major research university defined by innovation and big thinking. At URI, students are provided distinctive educational opportunities designed to meet the global challenges of today’s world and the rapidly evolving needs of tomorrow.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: University of Rhode Island
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $37,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: International and home country national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD programs offered at the University of Rhode Island are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be full-time students registered by September 2023, taking 9-15 credits per semester.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must submit their admission applications via the online university portal. All eligible candidates will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Scans/copies of original academic documents are accepted for admission purposes.
- Official academic documents
- Personal statement
- Official translations of secondary school
- Official TOEFL/IELTS/Duolingo scores
- A letter of nomination written by the Program Director or Department Chair
- A second letter from the potential mentor(s)
- A copy of the nominee’s admission application
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the United States or a foreign institution of acceptable standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
The University of Rhode Island will be providing the selected candidate’s full tuition scholarships for two consecutive years for the fall and spring semesters, remission of graduate standard student fees (registration fee, health services fee, technology fee, student services fee), health and dental insurance, and a stipend of $37,000 in three installments.