The University of Oregon is delighted to offer the John Haines African Student Scholarship for the academic year 2023-2024.
The scholarship program is organized for new and continuing international students at the University of Oregon however, preference will be given to African students. The students can apply for an undergraduate or graduate-level degree program. The scholarship is worth a maximum of $5,000 and was established by Dr. John Haines, a Eugene ophthalmologist with a keen interest in international students.
Amazing opportunity for talented students to study in the USA.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1876, the University of Oregon is a public research university in Eugene, Oregon. Being solutions-oriented and community-focused, resourceful and collaborative, the University of Oregon is rightly ranked 105th out of 443 National Universities and 253rd in Best Global Universities.
Why choose to study at the University of Oregon? The University of Oregon believes in facing difficulties head-on and inculcates the same value in its graduates. The university is renowned for its research prowess and commitment to teaching with a community of smart, creative, and increasingly diverse students. Opportunities in the classroom and beyond are offered at the University of Oregon.
Application Deadline: 15th January 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Oregon
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Foreign national students.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Degree programs at the undergraduate or graduate level offered at the University of Oregon can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be new and continuing international students, preferably from Africa.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students who want to be considered for the scholarship must first submit an online admission application. All eligible students will be considered upon applying.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- High school transcripts
- Official Transcripts
- Personal statement
- College transcripts
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry and academic requirements of the program they seek to join at the University of Oregon.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 88
- IELTS –7.0
The University of Oregon will award the selected candidates a scholarship worth $3,000–$5,000 each annually.