If your academic certificates hold high records and you would like to be rewarded for it, Florida International University has come up with a scholarship program for students like you. The university is offering the First-Year Merit Scholarships for 2022-2023.
Competitive international students enrolled and accepted in FIU holding a record of high academic achievement are eligible to apply. The students are required to be first-year applicants.
First-Year Merit Scholarships for International Students at Florida International University, USA
Golden opportunity to get benefitted in the USA.
User Review( votes)
Florida International University is a public research university ranked as one of the top universities in Miami, United States, is committed to high-quality teaching, state-of-the-art research and creative activity, and collaborative engagement with our local and global communities.
Why study at Florida International University? Students are genuinely challenged at Florida International University to be the best. The faculty is highly attentive to students are give each student the individual attention they deserve and need. The high research activity and social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate the students’ success. FIU ranks among the top 20 public universities contributing to the good.
Application Deadline: 1 December 2022
- University or Organization: Florida International University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Tuition fee and Book stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Students belonging to all nationalities, including African American, Hispanic, Indigenous, or Rural and Small Town Recognition, are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All undergraduate subjects offered by FIU are eligible.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be newly admitted FIU first-year students.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The student must apply to the university through the online process and complete their application.
- Once accepted, the students must apply for the scholarship using the following steps:
- Log into your MyFIU account
- Click on ‘Student Tools’
- Click on ‘Student E-Forms’
- Click on ‘Office of Scholarships;
- Finally, select ‘Merit Scholarships Appeal Form.’
- Supporting Documents: The applicants are required to submit the following documents to the university at the time of application:
- Financial support
- High School transcript
- Letter of intent
- An essay response to a prompt
- Two letters of recommendation
- Residency documentation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to hold relevant academic certificates with a minimum GPA of 4.0, SAT score of 1280 – 1370, and ACT score of 27- 30.
- Language Requirement: The students are required to score minimum score in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL iBT – 80
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- IELTS – 6.5
- Presidential Premier – Students with 4.0 GPA and 1370 SAT / or 30 ACT. Awards 100% tuition and fees plus a book stipend.
- Ambassador Premier – Students with a 4.0 GPA and 1280 SAT or 27 ACT. Awards 75% tuition and fees plus a book stipend.
- National Merit – Students who qualify for Presidential/Ambassador scholarships and are selected as a finalist. Awards full tuition, fees, room and board, up to the cost of attendance as published by the Office of Student Financials.
- FIU Collegeboard National Recognition Programs– Students who qualify for Presidential/Ambassador scholarships and are selected as a finalist. Awards full tuition, stipend for books and $1000 stipend towards meal plan each semester.