Food Marketing Institute is offering Food Safety Auditing Scholarship for the 2018/2019 academic year. Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student (undergraduate or graduate) in an accredited U.S., Canada or Mexico college or university.
The Food Marketing Institute Foundation seeks to ensure continued quality and efficiency in the food retailing system and is operated for charitable, educational and scientific purposes.
To help support the role of food retailing, the FMI Foundation focuses on research and education in the areas of food safety, nutrition, and health.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Application Deadline: September 7, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is open for the full-time student (undergraduate or graduate) in an accredited U.S., Canada or Mexico college or university.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is available are students currently enrolled in food and agricultural science majors who have a true interest in the field of accredited food safety auditing.
- Scholarship Award: The Foundation offers scholarship amount to $3,000.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: US applicants
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: US applicants can apply for this scholarship programme.
- Entrance Requirements: Student applicants must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (undergraduate or graduate) in an accredited U.S., Canada or Mexico college or university.
- Have completed at least two years of college to apply.
- Have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.2.
- Be able to attend and participate in the SQF International Conference, October 23 -25, 2018 in Atlanta, GA (conference registration, hotel, meals and round-trip coach airfare will be provided).
- Be willing to accept an internship with a Certification Body (third-party auditing firm) should the opportunity become available.
- Students having completed an internship in a food or agriculture science degree program preferred.
- Previous FMI Foundation Student Scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply; however, previous applicants are welcome to reapply.
- Family members of the FMI Foundation Board of Directors or Officers are ineligible.
- English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Student applicants must submit:
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A cover letter explaining the student’s interest and career goals in accredited food safety auditing that provides specific examples that demonstrate why they are deserving of this scholarship.
- A letter or transcript from the school verifying the student meets the minimum 3.2 Grade Point Average requirement with no individual grade less than a “C-“. An official transcript is not required.
- Two (2) Recommendation letters (see more information below).
Include two (2) recommendation letters along with your completed application. All recommendation letters must be written specifically for this scholarship. A maximum of two (2) letters of recommendation will be accepted on your behalf. Letters from your faculty advisor and a course instructor in your major field of study are highly recommended. Letters must be uploaded by applicant at the time the application is submitted.
The following guidelines should be provided to those persons who are writing your letters of recommendation:
- Address letters of recommendation to: FMI Scholarship Review Committee
- Include the name of the applicant at the top of the letter.
- Include your own professional affiliation.
- Indicate how long you have known the applicant and in what capacity.
- Offer your evaluation of the applicant’s general academic ability; leadership potential; motivation and initiative; ability to work with others; imagination and creativity; potential to succeed in accomplishing the goal of working in the field of accredited food safety auditing.