US Department of Education is offering FLAS Fellowships for graduate and undergraduate students. FLAS fellowships are administered by the UW’s National Resource Centers. The fellowships are available for US citizens who are enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) in a degree program.
Their study program should combine modern foreign language training with international or area studies or with the international aspects of professional or other fields of study. Undergraduates may only receive FLAS funds for the study of a language at the intermediate or advanced level.
Nice offer for US students.
User Review( votes)
- Application deadline: February 15, 2021
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing undergraduate, graduate or professional programmes.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are provided to assist students in acquiring foreign language and either area or international studies competencies.
- Awards: For the academic year the FLAS stipend is $5,000 for undergrads and $15,000 for graduate students. Undergraduates receive up to $10,000 towards tuition; graduate students receive full tuition and fees.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: USA
- Entrance Requirements: Graduate and undergraduate students who are US citizens or nationals or permanent residents and who are enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) in a degree program that combines modern foreign language training with international or area studies or with the international aspects of professional or other fields of study.
- Applicants can apply via email. Click here to apply for a FLAS!
How to Apply:
- Refer to the sample applications for Academic Year or Summer, as appropriate. Note that these are two separate competitions for which two separate and complete applications are required.