To support you in your career, the Forest Research Foundation is offering the Forest Research foundation grants at the University of Western Australia.
The studentship will be awarded to international and domestic students who wish to undertake high-quality research and enroll in a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at the university.
A worthy choice to get a PhD degree in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The University of Western Australia is a public research university in the Australian state of Western Australia. Its main campus is in Perth, the state capital, with a secondary campus in Albany and various other facilities elsewhere.
Why at the University of Western Australia? They offer you practical, real-world experiences in addition to valuable professional networking opportunities. They will also tell to have a broad, global perspective – all of which are vital in order to excel in a range of professions.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2019
- University or Organization: The University of Western Australia and Forest Research Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Up to $ 45,109
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Australian and International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, International Students
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Pursuing a PhD degree program in any subject stream offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible to apply for a Scholarship, an aspirant must–
- have applied for PhD enrolment as an internal student based at a Western Australian campus of one of the five specified Western Australian universities
- Be intending to reside at Forrest Hall
- Agree to report their academic progress to the Forrest Research Foundation Warden and the Minderoo Trust each year.
How to Apply
To Apply: For grasping the opportunity, applicants are advised to take admission in the PhD program at the university. Claimants can submit an application by contacting the relevant faculty HDR support team:
- Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education: [email protected]
- Faculty of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences: [email protected]
- Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences: [email protected]
- Faculty of Science: [email protected]
- After taking affirmation, you have to fill the Foundation research application form
- Domestic students also need to complete the iAthena application form
Supporting Documents: The documents are required such as
- A Curriculum Vitae
- An essay of no more than 1000 words which addresses:
- An explanation of the applicant’s desire to study at their nominated university; their plan of study; details of the research group and proposed supervisors and future career plans
- Copies of academic transcripts;
- Contact details for four referees (two academic referees (required) and two personal referees (optional)
- Copies of birth certificate or passport;
- A photograph.
Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to demonstrate that they have met all the entry requirements of the University and-
- have a bachelor’s degree of this University or equivalent qualification
- have previously undertaken work of a sufficiently high standard towards a higher degree by research in this or another approved institution but not have submitted it for any degree;
- have completed an appropriate PhD research proposal
Language Requirement: Students have to accomplish the English language requirements of the university
All Forrest Scholars will receive a scholarship package which includes;
- A Research Training Program Stipend or a University Postgraduate Award valued at $30,000 per annum in 2020;
- an accommodation allowance valued at $21,069 in 2020 and subject to annual indexation and
- A relocation and research operating/research travel allowance of up to $13,000