Japan is one of the favorite educational destinations for international students. If you also want to study in Japan, then you can apply for the SEMMOTO Scholarships offered by the Frances & Sachio Semmoto Foundation for the academic session 2022/2023.
This scholarship is open to sophomores and juniors enrolled in a four-year undergraduate programme. The Frances & Sachio Semmoto Foundation aims to provide financial assistance to talented students of demonstrated financial need from Asia–Pacific nations who wish to pursue post-secondary education in Japan.
Marvellous opportunity for students in Japan.
User Review( vote)
Established in September 2017, the Frances & Sachio Semmoto Foundation aims to provide the means by which such students may grow to become the future leaders of their nations, thereby fostering mutual understanding and friendship between Japan and our Asia Pacific neighbors.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by Monday, August 1, 2022
- University or Organization: The Frances & Sachio Semmoto Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Post-secondary
- Award: ¥80,000 per month
- Number of Awards: 7
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, United States are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Open to students of the following nationalities studying at Japanese universities with a student visa.
- Open to sophomores and juniors as of October 1, 2022, enrolled in a four-year undergraduate program at the following designated universities.
- In addition to academic excellence, applicants must have a demonstrated interest in cross-cultural understanding and communication skills, a sincere attitude toward their goals, and be physically and mentally sound enough to endure life as a foreign exchange student.
- The scholarship serves those with difficulty paying the full amount of study abroad expenses due to financial reasons.
- Applicants must have been born on or after April 1, 1993 (under 29 years of age as of March 31, 2022).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must first apply for admission to a Frances & Sachio Semmoto Foundation of their choice. A scholarship application form or attach your ID photo (4.0 cm x 3.0 cm), and sign where indicated. After that, complete the Online essay form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Transcript of academic records
- Copy of residence card (front and back)
- Submit two online essays via the designated web form
- Submit online essay
- Admission Requirements: Students must hold a previous degree certificate with relevant marks.
- Language Requirement: All international applicants must prove Japanese or English proficiency at the Frances & Sachio Semmoto Foundation.
The Frances & Sachio Semmoto Foundation will provide the selected students with an award of ¥80,000 per month for one year in Japan.