The Francis H. Brown African Scholarships are now available for aspiring East African earth scientists and botanists to study in the USA for the academic year 2021-2022. The programme is organized by the Leakey Foundation.
The fund’s purpose is to develop human knowledge and scientific curiosity in earth sciences and phytology related to human origins by implementing financial assistance to East African researchers and scholars pursuing experimentation in these fields.
Great offer for Kenya, Ethiopia and Eritrea Students students in the USA.
User Review( votes)
The Leakey Foundation, a 501(c) (3) organization, is based in San Francisco, California, and is the only U.S. based funding body wholly entrusted to human origins research and education.
Why choose the Leakey Foundation’s programme? It is dedicated to funding scientific research investigating the many aspects of human origins and bestowing these research results through innovative enlightening programs. The Leakey Foundation’s mission is to develop scientific knowledge, learning, and public knowledge of human origins, evolution, behaviour, and remnants.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2021
- University or Organization: The Leakey Foundation
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Doctoral degree
- Award: Up to $25,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Kenya, Ethiopia and Eritrea Students
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Kenya, Ethiopia and Eritrea
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The bursary is available for doctoral degree programs.
- Eligibility Criteria: To become eligible for the award, applicants must:
- Students or researchers of African heritage who are citizens of Kenya, Ethiopia or Eritrea;
- Must be pursuing a doctoral degree at an accredited university, preferably from, but not limited to, an institution located in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Have completed their doctoral degrees no longer than six years before the time of application for funding from this source;
- Applicants shall demonstrate a commitment to a career in their field of study with an emphasis on research and teaching in his/her country of origin following the completion of his/her degree.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Aspirants can apply for the grant via an online portal.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a copy of the following required documents along with the application:
- Proposal Body;
- Detailed Proposal Budget;
- Allowable costs;
- Pertinent Curricula Vitae;
- Sponsor Letter of Support;
- Applicant Photo;
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must fulfil the required conditions for the applied degree field at the chosen university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must provide evidence of English language ability through various certificates like GMAT, IELTS or TOEFL, etc.
The Francis H. Brown African Scholarship will provide an award amount worth up to $25,000 to the highly motivated students funded by the Leakey Foundation for the academic year 2021-2022.