Massachusetts Institute of Technology is offering free online course on Advanced Software Construction in Java. This computer science course is the second of a two-course sequence on how to write good software using modern software engineering techniques.
In this course applicants will learn how to write programs that are safe from bugs, easy to understand, and ready for change. The course will start on February 20, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 10 weeks
Effort: 15 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Massachusetts Institute of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $
Session: Course Starts on February 20, 2017
Massachusetts Institute of Technology — a coeducational, privately endowed research university founded in 1861 — is dedicated to advancing knowledge and educating students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century.
About This Course
This computer science course is the second of a two-course sequence on how to write good software using modern software engineering techniques.
This course will dig deeper into what makes for “good” code — safe from bugs, easy to understand, and ready for change. We will explore two paradigms for modern programming: (1) grammars, parsing, and recursive datatypes; and (2) concurrent programming with threads.
This is a challenging and rigorous course that will help you take the next step on your way to becoming a skilled software engineer.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
In this course applicants will learn how to write programs that are safe from bugs, easy to understand, and ready for change.
Rob is a professor of computer science at MIT, and a member of the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL). He earned Bachelors and Masters degrees in computer science from MIT (1995) and PhD from Carnegie Mellon University (2002).
Required: Software Construction in Java
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)