Applications are invited for Australian Government Research Training Scholarships for the academic year 2020-21. The aim of the free study is to support international students in the field of research.
Research Training study is specifically intended to support international students that cover international tuition fees and also provides a stipend.
Exceptional Scholarships for International Students.
User Review( vote)
Flinders University offers more than 160 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, as well as higher degree research supervision across all disciplines. Flinders University is renowned for world-class research and innovation that is relevant, of high quality and has a real impact.
Why at Flinders University? The university is a public university in Adelaide, South Australia. The university is ranked within the world’s top 400 institutions in the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Applicants must meet the following area for the opportunity s:
- Applicants must be a citizen of any overseas country, except New Zealand, and satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must meet the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applications are only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- These are available to pursue research training.
- These are awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
- Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship.
- Applicants from any overseas country, except New Zealand and Australia can apply for these grants.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To participate, Applicants can apply via email. If you send an electronic application by email and you are successful, you will be required to provide all of your original or certified documents to the International Office before your study will be commenced.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the Academic Transcripts, include a research proposal of approximately 500 words, two copies of the Academic Referee‡s Confidential Report forms, CV,
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year). Must satisfy the University’s
academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must successfully complete a pre-course English program from an approved ELICOS Provider. Must meet the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University.
- These will cover the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree and provides the recipient and dependents with student health cover.
- In addition, a stipend provides the recipient with a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $27,596 per annum (2021 rate).
- It is tax-exempt and indexed annually. An IPRS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
Application Deadline: 7 August 2020