University System of Maryland, UMUC is offering free online course on Cloud Computing Management. This course, part of the Cloud Computing MicroMasters program, focuses on commonly encountered management issues with the adoption and implementation of cloud computing.
In this eight-week course, applicants will learn methods for managing cloud computing projects and build an understanding of the various risks and compliance issues involved. This course will start on August 21, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: University System of Maryland, UMUC and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $249
Session: Course Starts on August 21, 2017
University System of Maryland
The USM consists of three Research Universities, three Historically Black Institutions, four Traditional Comprehensive Institutions, two Regional Education Centers; one Specialized Research institution, and one “Virtual” Institution specializing in online and distance education, and a system office.
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) specializes in educating busy professionals like you. We are a public state university offering career-relevant, affordable education that fits your life. You can earn most degrees and certificates entirely online.
About This Course
The exciting field of Cloud Computing is rapidly changing how businesses operate today. As with any large-scale shift, new skills and processes must be learned and implemented to overcome management challenges. Existing business processes, workflows, and policies must be adapted to account for this new technology.
Why Take This Course?
This course, part of the Cloud Computing MicroMasters program, focuses on commonly encountered management issues with the adoption and implementation of cloud computing. Examples include: legal and compliance issues, industry standards and best practices, risk and security issues, and other business process compliance issues.
- Examine legal and compliance issues with cloud adoptions
- Manage the business processes to implement cloud solutions
- Examine risk and security issues in cloud infrastructure
- Evaluate cloud technologies and vendors for compliance with industry requirements and standards
Dr. Jeff Tjiputra
Dr. Tjiputra is the Chair of the Cloud Computing Architecture program at University of Maryland University College.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)