Applications are invited for Vice-Chancellor’s Sports Scholarships at the De Montfort University (DMU) in the UK. International students are eligible to apply for this application program.
The aim of The grants is to help outstanding students who have excelled academically and have an offer of admission to study at DMU.
User Review( votes)
De Montfort University (DMU) offers the perfect combination of award-winning teaching and world-class facilities. University is proud to be one of the top 25 universities for graduate employment and offer a great student experience.
Course Level: award is available to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate taught or postgraduate research course.
Study Subject: The students will compete in British Universities and Colleges Sports (BUCS) and Varsity competitions; while gaining a recognized degree qualification across a wide range of course and disciplines.
Award: Up to £6,000 of support, this may include:
- Up to £4,000 cash bursary
- Up to £2,000 towards sports specific including; physiotherapy, strength and conditioning and private medical insurance
Number of Awards: Not Known
The award can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: To qualify for the Vice-Chancellor’s Sports Scholarship you must:
- Be enrolled on an undergraduate, postgraduate taught or postgraduate research course during the academic year 2017/18
- Compete at a high representative level*, and be able to demonstrate passion and commitment to your sport
*We are aware that there are huge variances in sports, and the standards people can achieve, so email us if you’d like to discuss your application further. See below for the tiers of scholarship available:
- Tier 1: For students performing at high national or international level
- Tier 2: For students performing at high county or national level
- Tier 3: For student performing at county level
- Tier 4: For students who have already received an academic scholarship from DMU
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this application program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: IELTS of 6.5 or 6.0 (as per the requirements of their course).
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: The application process for the 2017/18 academic year is now open for September and January starters.
September 2017 intake application process
- Friday 4 August, first deadline for the Vice-Chancellor’s Sports Scholarships applications
- Tuesday 15 August, applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application
- Thursday 17 August, A-level results day, undergraduate scholarship decisions ratified according to academic entry to university
- Thursday 26 October, deadline for late applicants
- Monday 6 November, late applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application
January 2018 intake application process
- Thursday 25 January 2018, deadline for applicants
- Monday 5 February 2018, applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application