Berklee College of Music is offering free online course on Creativity & Entrepreneurship. This six-week course is about the side of entrepreneurship you won’t learn at a business school but, instead, in the music studio.
The course will help you tap into your inner creativity and learn how to leverage it for career development or business innovation. The course will start on January 22, 2018.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 5 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Berklee College of Music and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Starts on January 22, 2018
Berklee Online is the online extension school of Berklee College of Music, delivering access to Berklee’s acclaimed curriculum from anywhere in the world. Berklee Online’s award-winning online courses, multi-course certificate programs, and Bachelor of Professional Studies degrees are accredited and taught by the college’s world-renowned faculty, providing lifelong learning opportunities to people interested in music and working in the music industry.
About This Course
Creativity & Entrepreneurship will help you tap into your inner creativity and learn how to leverage it for career development or business innovation.
Presented by Berklee Institute for Creative Entrepreneurship founder Panos Panay, this course features interviews with world renown entrepreneurs, innovators, songwriters, producers, creative directors, educators, performers, visual artists and chefs as they discuss parallels between the creative and entrepreneurial journeys.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. Applicants can pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills they gain. Applicants will learn skills and listen to examples from world-renown entrepreneurs and innovators as they discuss the parallels between the creative and entrepreneurial journeys — and why entrepreneurship, much like music or creativity, is something we all possess.
- How to approach your career or startup as if learning a musical instrument
- Why entrepreneurship, like creativity, is something we all possess
- How to apply “the musician mindset” as means to collaboration and creative problem-solving
- Why songwriting is a perfect parallel to career and product development
- Why there’s more to entrepreneurship than business plans and spreadsheets much like there’s more to music than scales and lead sheets
Lesson 1: Inspiration: The Entrepreneurial Mindset
Lesson 2: Creation: Team Building and Product Development
Lesson 3: Collaboration/Presentation
Lesson 4: Rejuvination: The Inner Game of Entrepreneurship
Panos Panay ’94 is the founding managing director of Berklee’s Institute for Creative Entrepreneurship (BerkleeICE) as well as a passionate entrepreneur and active startup mentor in the creative media space.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)