The University of Brighton is offering a Number of Awards available to both new international students and international Brighton graduates who are progressing to further study.
The aim of the University of Brighton postgraduate scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
User Review( votes)
The University of Brighton is a university of 20,685 students and 2,700 staff based on five campuses in Brighton, Eastbourne, and Hastings on the south coast of England.
Most postgraduate courses require an overall IELTS score of at least 6.5 with no element less than 5.5.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing a postgraduate programme at the University of Brighton.
Study Subject: The studentships are offered to different departments across the university, all offering a diverse range of courses.
Award: financial aid positions will comprise
- international awards: 30 University of Brighton international awards available to new, full-time international postgraduate taught degree students. The grant is worth £5,000 off the cost of applicant’s tuition fees for each year of their course.
- Vice-Chancellor’s postgraduate excellence scholarships: Postgraduate excellence scholarships worth £3,000 are available to graduates with a first-class degree from a UK institution who progress immediately from undergraduate to masters level study with us in 2016.
- Vice-Chancellor’s postgraduate alumni scholarships: Scholarships worth £3,000 are available to University of Brighton students who graduate with a first or 2:1 in 2015/16 and progress to masters study with us.
- International Huxley scholarships: A number of £2,000 scholarships for international students studying certain MSc and MRes programmes within the School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences.
- Sports scholarships: These opportunities are paid in the autumn of the year they are awarded. They are partly funded by the university’s ambassadors group.
- Santander international masters programmes: Up to ten masters programmes funded by the Santander Universities network, worth a tuition fee reduction of £5,000, are available to new full-time postgraduate students starting taught degrees in 2016.
- Global opportunities scholarships: Scholarships provide up to £15,000 to cover living costs and a fee waiver for postgraduate taught study on selected courses.
- International research scholarship: A minimum of two international research scholarships worth the full tuition fee for each year of research degree (for up to a maximum of three years) are available to outstanding international research students in all areas of study.
- Santander research scholarships: two research scholarships worth £5,000 each, funded by Santander Universities
The award can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these endowments:
- international awards: To be eligible to apply for a scholarship, applicants must be a new, full-time, international fee status student who holds an offer for a postgraduate taught degree with a minimum course duration of one year.
- Vice-Chancellor’s postgraduate excellence scholarships: The Vice-Chancellor’s postgraduate excellence scholarship is only available to graduates who obtain a first-class degree from a UK institution in 2015/16. Eligible graduates must be applying to start a masters course in 2016 or for deferred entry (maximum one year).
- Vice-Chancellor’s postgraduate alumni scholarships: The Vice-Chancellor’s postgraduate alumni scholarship is only available to University of Brighton alumni who graduate with a first or 2:1 in 2015/16.
- International Huxley scholarships: In order to be eligible to apply for a Huxley scholarship applicant must be a new, full-time, self-funding international masters student on one of the following courses:Biomedical Sciences MSc, Clinical Pharmacy MSc, Industrial Pharmaceutical Sciences MSc, Pharmacology MSc, Bioscience MRes, Chemistry MRes, Ecology MRes and Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences MRes
- Sports scholarships: Two different types of sports scholarships:
- The elite athletes / elite disabled athletes opportunities are for students who have reached a national level of competition or performance and have the potential and dedication to reach world-class performance level.
- The talented sports performers scholarship is for students who have represented their sport at the national or regional level or who are able to demonstrate that they have the potential to compete at these levels.
- Santander international masters programmes: Applicants must hold an offer of admission to a one-year, full-time Masters programme in any subject at the University of Brighton by the advertised deadlines for the international awards; this offer can be unconditional or conditional.
- Global opportunities scholarships: To be considered for one of these endowments, applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Received an academic offer for postgraduate study starting in September 2016 on one of the eligible courses
- an asylum seeker or you have been refused asylum but have been granted some other form of temporary status eg. humanitarian protection, unaccompanied asylum seeking children (UASC) leave or limited leave
- Applicants currently live in East or West Sussex
- Unable to access postgraduate finance through the current UK Government student finance system
- International research scholarship: In order to be eligible for the opportunity , applicants must be a new, full-time international research student with an unconditional place for entry in October 2016.
- Santander research scholarships: To be eligible for one of these endowments, applicants need to be: a current postgraduate research student enrolled at the University of Brighton or Brighton & Sussex Medical School and in addition either a research student from one of the Santander Universities network countries.
Nationality: UK/EU and international students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Masters-level degree courses typically require a first degree. However, if you don’t hold this qualification but can demonstrate an equivalent level of experience, we will consider your application on the basis of your potential to benefit from, and contribute to, a course.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Most postgraduate courses require an overall IELTS score of at least 6.5 with no element less than 5.5, but a number of courses do have higher IELTS requirements than this.
How to Apply: Please email internationalscholarships-at-brighton.ac.uk with University of Brighton student number in the subject line, and University will send a application pack.
Application Deadline: Application deadlines are different for each scholarship.