British Council is offering free online course on English in Early Childhood: Language Learning and Development. This course will be of interest to you if you are: a parent of young children who wishes to support their child learning an additional language; an English teacher or an early childhood practitioner; or someone who is interested in the area of child development and language acquisition.
In this course, applicants will discover how very young children learn English as an additional language and how you can help them progress. The course will start on .
User Review( votes)
Course At Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Subject: English in Early Childhood
Institution: British Council and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on
The British Council is on the ground in six continents and over 100 countries bringing international opportunity to life, every day. Each year their teams work with millions of people, connecting them with the United Kingdom, sharing cultures and the UK’s most attractive assets: the English language, the Arts, Education and its ways of living and organizing society.
About This Course
This free online course for parents and practitioners will explore how young children learn English and investigate many more aspects of early childhood learning and development.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Investigate how children learn and how they acquire language.
- Discuss the importance of play and look at language development opportunities.
- Reflect on ways to communicate effectively with young children.
- Explore meaningful learning and developing language in context.
- Demonstrate the connection between learning and a child’s well-being.
- Identify ways to support and challenge children, and measure their progress.
The British Council is on the ground in six continents and over 100 countries connecting the best of UK culture with a global audience and providing high-quality English language courses.
More than 20 years experience working with early years children and young learners in kindergartens, schools and teaching centres. I never stop learning, growing and changing.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).