The Delft University of Technology is offering free online course on Framing: How Politicians Debate. University invites you to join our journey of learning the game of framing and re framing. You will discover how this game is played, and how you can play it yourself.
This course suits people who are engaged with and interested in public and political debates.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-4 hours pw
Institution: Delft University of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $ 50
Delft University of Technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands. Our research is inspired by the desire to increase fundamental understanding, as well as by societal challenges.
About This Course
Is a good, solid argument enough to make an impact? How would you disprove the stance that man-made global warming is just an “opinion”? How would you explain your opinion on school tests, budget cuts, crime, immigration, safety and security issues? No doubt that your persuasiveness relies on your arguments. But your ability to influence and convince critically depends on the way you frame your message.
Why Take This Course?
University invites you to join our journey of learning the game of framing and reframing. You will discover how this game is played, and how you can play it yourself.
Practically, we will:
- Teach you the underlying patterns of the framing game, using simple and powerful models.
- Show you many recent examples of framing games, by analyzing videos of politicians playing the game of framing and reframing.
- Use professional actors to show practical examples of framing.
- Cover a large variety of policy areas.
- Discuss the moral aspects of framing. Is framing morally wrong?
- Give you the possibility to share videos with examples of frames from public debates of your country.
- Ask you to design, evaluate and analyze frames, in a way that will spark your creativity.
Hans de Bruijn
Prof dr Hans de Bruijn is Professor of Public Administration in the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management at Delft University of Technology.
Gerdien de Vries
Gerdien de Vries is Assistant Professor Public Management and Organisation at the department of Technology, Policy and Management. Gerdien received a Ph.D.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)