Darden School of Business, University of Virginia is offering free online course on Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management. This course is for anyone interested in ensuring their projects run smoothly.
In this four week course, applicants will learn the basics of project planning and management so you can run effective projects at work or in daily life. This course will start on February 12, 2018.
User Review( votes)
Course At Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Subject: Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management
Institution: Darden School of Business, University of Virginia and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on February 12, 2018
The University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business delivers the world’s best business education experience to prepare entrepreneurial, global-minded and responsible leaders.
About This Course
Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. In this course you will learn planning principles and execution methods so your projects can be run more effectively and efficiently at work and in daily life.
Why Take This Course?
Students also have the chance to earn professional development units (PDUs) as the University Of Virginia Darden School Of Business is approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Describe how to initiate a project by defining the project goal, identifying the priorities, and establishing the organization.
- Explain how to develop a project plan by identifying the scope, task dependencies, schedule, critical path, and risks.
- Identify factors that lead to project success.
- Describe the four stages of the project-life-cycle and the role each stage has in the evolution of a project.
- Explain how to execute a project by monitoring the progress, communicating with stakeholders, and deciding how to correct and control.
- Develop an awareness of some behavioral biases in project settings and identify how these impact the planning and execution of a project.
- Develop the language and mindset for planning and managing projects by properly setting and prioritizing project goals and objectives.
- Identify the most appropriate project management methodology given the project objectives, the degrees of uncertainty, and the constraints.
This course is for anyone interested in ensuring their projects run smoothly. You don’t need any prior experience.
Associate Professor of Business Administration Darden School of Business University of Virginia.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof oflearning on the course topic(s)).