World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is offering free online course on HTML5 Apps and Games: Advanced Techniques. In this course, applicants will discover the powerful Web features that will help you create great content and apps.
Students will learn by doing, study interactive examples, and have fun with proposed development projects. During this HTML5 course students will create an HTML5 game, so jump in and start learning. The course will start on October 1, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 5-6 hours/week
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on October 1, 2017
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is an international consortium where Member organizations, a full-time staff, and the public work together to develop Web standards and guidelines designed to ensure long-term growth for the Web. W3C’s goal is for the Web to connect humanity in a way that makes access to knowledge more efficient and equitable.
About This Course
Want to learn advanced HTML5 tips and techniques? This is the course for you! Find out more about the powerful Web features that will help you create great content and apps.
This course is a natural follow up of HTML5 Coding Essentials and Good Practices. In this course, we continue the exploration of HTML5-based APIs, but also introduce some advanced features related to HTML5, such as Web components, advanced multimedia, audio for music and games, etc.
Like in the first course, you will learn by doing, study the interactive examples and have fun with proposed development projects. One of them will be to create an HTML5 game, so jump in and learn lots!
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Advanced multimedia features with the Track and WebAudio APIs
- HTML5 games techniques
- More APIs, including Web Workers and Service Workers
- Persistence techniques for data storage including IndexedDB, File System API and drag and drop
University recommends that students follow the 4 other W3Cx courses:
- HTML5 & CSS Fundamentals
- CSS Basics
- HTML5 Coding Essentials and Good Practices
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghomepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)