Microsoft is offering free online course on Implementing ETL with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). This computer science course, you’ll extract data from a wide variety of data sources, such as files and relational data sources, perform data integration and transformation solutions, and load data into single or multiple destinations.
In this six week course, applicants will learn how to use SSIS to build high performance integration solutions and ETL packages for data warehousing.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-4 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for ?6456
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives.
About This Course
Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) features graphical tools and wizards for:
- Building and debugging packages.
- Tasks for performing workflow functions.
- Executing SQL statements.
- Data sources and destinations for extracting and loading data.
- Transformations for cleaning, aggregating, merging, and copying data.
Why Take This Course?
In this computer science course, you’ll extract data from a wide variety of data sources, such as files and relational data sources; perform data integration and transformation solutions, and load data into single or multiple destinations. You will solve complex business problems using best practices and troubleshooting techniques.
Applicants will learn design principles and solutions for:
- Deciding on full or incremental loading
- Isolating ETL data
- Creating an ETL script
- ETL abstraction layers
- The design environment
- Control flows
- Data sources
- Data transformations
- Data destinations
- Precedence constraints
- Connection managers
- Execute SQL tasks
- Progress/execution results
- Resetting destination database
- Data flows
- Data flow paths
- Error output paths
- Configuring data sources and destinations
- Executing SSIS packages
- Deploying SSIS packages
Randal is a senior executive consultant specializing in .NET Programming and SQL Server BI solutions.
Cari is a content developer at Microsoft. Her current role involves developing, producing and delivering Data Analytics courseware.
Joey Chemis is a Data Scientist and Software Engineer at Microsoft with a focus on predictive analytics.
- A familiarity with Basic SQL Query and Transactional statements
- Ability to write and execute statements using SQL Server Management Studio.
- A basic understanding of the Business Intelligence process.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)