Curtin University is offering free online course on IoT Sensors and Devices. This course is for practical learners who want to explore and interact with the IoT Bridge between the cyber- and physical worlds, in order to create efficiencies or solve business problems.
In this five-week course, applicants will explore various IoT devices and sensor types, how they work, and how we connect them. Map out the process for developing your own IoT ideas. This course will start on May 1, 2018.
User Review( vote)
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Institution: Curtin University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for ?9672
Session: Course Starts on May 1, 2018
Curtin University is Western Australia’s largest and most culturally diverse university, with more than 53,000 students from over 130 countries. As a world-class, internationally focused institution, Curtin’s mission is to change minds, lives and the world through leadership, innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
About This Course
The Internet of Things (IoT) is expanding at a rapid rate, and it is becoming increasingly important for professionals to understand what it is, how it works, and how to harness its power to improve your business.
Why Take This Course?
This course is for practical learners who want to explore and interact with the IoT bridge between the cyber- and physical worlds, in order to create efficiencies or solve business problems.
In this course, you will learn about the ‘things’ that get connected in the Internet of Things to sense and interact with the real world environment – from something as simple as a smoke detector to a robotic arm in manufacturing.
- Identify the sensors and other devices needed for different IoT solutions.
- Basic electronic design as applied to IoT sensors and embedded controllers.
- Understand and map out an IoT system incorporating specific devices.
Iain Murray AM
Iain is an academic in the School of Electrical Engineering, Computing and Mathematical Sciences at Curtin University, specializing in networking, embedded systems and assistive technology.
Nazanin Mohammadi is a computer network and IT specialist in educational environments.
We-Juet (Bert) Wong
Bert received his B.E. and M.E. degrees from Curtin University and completed his Ph.D.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)