Microsoft is offering a free online course on Introduction to Python for Data Science. The ability to analyze data with Python is critical in data science. Learn the basics, and move on to create stunning visualizations.
In this six-week course, applicants will explore Python language fundamentals, including basic syntax, variables, and types. The course is Self-Paced .
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-4 hours/week
Subject: Data Analysis & Statistics
Institution: Microsoft and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Verified Certificate for $49
Microsoft technology helps students choose a path and make their mark.
In this new connected world, technology creates opportunity, and edX courses are designed to provide applicants with the core development skills needed to be successful in the cloud-first, mobile-first world. This online platform edX provides online courses from the world’s best universities. edX can empower applicants to build innovative applications, services, and experiences on this platform.
About This Course
Python is a very powerful programming language used for many different applications. Over time, the huge community around this open source language has created quite a few tools to efficiently work with Python. In recent years, a number of tools have been built specifically for data science. As a result, analyzing data with Python has never been easier.
In this practical course, you will start from the very beginning, with basic arithmetic and variables, and learn how to handle data structures, such as Python lists, Numpy arrays, and Pandas DataFrames. Along the way, you’ll learn about Python functions and control flow. Plus, you’ll look at the world of data visualizations with Python and create your own stunning visualizations based on real data.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Explore Python language fundamentals, including basic syntax, variables, and types
- Create and manipulate regular Python lists
- Use functions and import packages
- Build Numpy arrays and perform interesting calculations
- Create and customize plots on real data
- Supercharge your scripts with control flow, and get to know the Pandas DataFrame
Filip is the main course developer behind many of DataCamp’s interactive courses.
Section 1: Python Basics
Section 2: Python Lists
Section 3: Functions and Packages
Section 4: Numpy
Section 5: Matplotlib
Section 6: Control flow and Pandas
Some experience in working with data from Excel, databases, or text files.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once you sign up for a course and activate your account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in your email address and edX password. This will take you to your dashboard, with access to each of your active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on your dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)