Purdue University is offering free online course on Java Programming Polymorphism and Advanced Data Structures. This course is aimed at students who have basic knowledge of computer science.
The overall objective of this course is to learn advanced object-oriented programming strategies in Java and prepare for the AP Computer Science A exam. The course will start on March 6, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 4-6 hours pw
Subject: Java Programming Polymorphism and Advanced Data Structures
Institution: Purdue University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on March 6, 2018
Purdue University is a vast laboratory for discovery. The university is known not only for science, technology, engineering, and math programs, but also for our imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. It’s a place where those who seek an education come to make their ideas real — especially when those transformative discoveries lead to scientific, technological, social, or humanitarian impact.
About This Course
This computer science course covers advanced OOP strategies, including polymorphism, abstract classes, super keyword, exceptions, generics, sorting and searching algorithms.
Why Take This Course?
This course is for anyone interested in taking a first-level computer-programming course, particularly those who attend a school that does not provide a similar class.
- Polymorphism and object-oriented programming
- Abstract classes
- Sorting and Searching Algorithms
- Problem solving and algorithm design
Sunil is the Department Head of Purdue University’s Department of Computer Science.
Debbie is an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Marquette University.
Phil is the K-12 Outreach Coordinator for Computer Science at Purdue University.
- Secondary school algebra
- AP Computer Science A: Java Programming
- AP Computer Science A: Java Programming Data Structures and Loops
- AP Computer Science A: Java Programming Classes and Objects
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghomepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)