Delft University of Technology is offering free online course on Leadership for Engineers. The course is designed specifically for individuals who are currently enrolled in an engineering program or who are in possession of an engineering degree.
This is a five-week course in which applicants will learn how to effectively lead in a technology-driven world, define their personal leadership journey, and make career choices. The course will start on August 31, 2016.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 2-4 hours/week
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Delft University of Technology and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Verified Certificate for $50
Session: Course Starts on August 31, 2016 – Self-Paced
The Delft University of Technology has teamed up with edX to bring this leadership course for the engineering participants. Delft University of technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands.
About This Course
Many of today’s global challenges require tech-driven solutions — climate change, the growth of the world population, cyber security, the increasing demand for scarce resources, digitalization, the transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy. With this in mind, it is no surprise that one-fourth of the CEOs of the world’s 100 largest corporations have an engineering degree.
Solving these global problems requires leaders who, in the first place, are comfortable with technology, models and quantitative analyses — Leaders who see systems instead of isolated problems. However, simply understanding technology is not enough. Successful leaders today must have both the ideas and the know-how to put these ideas into action by working collaboratively with others, winning their hearts and minds.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- How to be a successful leader in a complex, tech-centered world
- What leaders can do in this world, and what strategies they develop
- A deeper understanding of yourself
- A “Personal Charter” to guide your life and leadership decisions
- What sustainable leadership is
- How to make your career choices
- How to position yourself as a leader
The course is designed specifically for individuals who are currently enrolled in an engineering program or who are in possession of an engineering degree. However, people with working experience or a strong interest in the topic are welcome to participate.
Hans de Bruijn
Hans de Bruijn is Professor of Public Organization and Management at the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management of the Delft University of Technology.
A PhD scientist by background, Dana Krueger leads the Global Biotech & Pharmaceuticals Practice of executive search and leadership assessment firm Russell Reynolds Associates.
Pieter Ligthart is a Managing Director with executive search and leadership assessment firm Russell Reynolds Associates
Surya Ramkumar is a Junior Partner at McKinsey & Company in Amsterdam.
Stefaan Rodts is Director of Staff and Professional Development of McKinsey Netherlands.
Gerdien de Vries
Gerdien de Vries is Assistent Professor Public Management and Organisation at the department of Technology, Policy and Management.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- edX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once you sign up for a course and activate your account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in your email address and edX password. This will take you to your dashboard, with access to each of your active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on your dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)