The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is pleased to provide a Free Online Course on Introduction to Business Analytics: Communicating with Data. The goal of this course is to provide businesses and managers with the foundation needed to apply data analytics to real-world challenges they confront daily in their professional lives.
This course introduces students to the science of business analytics while casting a keen eye toward the artful use of numbers found in the digital space. Students will learn to make out the ideal analytic tool for their specific needs, understand valid and reliable ways to collect, analyze, and visualize data. This course will open on 29 April 2019.
User Review( votes)
Course At a Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 4-6 hours pw
Subject: Business Analytics
Institution: The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate is available
Session: Start on 29 April 2019.
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is a world leader in research, teaching and public engagement, distinguished by the breadth of its programs, broad academic excellence, and internationally renowned faculty and alumni. Illinois serves the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and finding solutions to critical societal needs.
About This Course
This course introduces students to the science of business analytics while casting a keen eye toward the artful use of numbers found in the digital space. The goal is to provide businesses and managers with the foundation needed to apply data analytics to real-world challenges they confront daily in their professional lives.
- Module 1: This module will help you earn the foundation needed to become a good data communicator. After completion of this module, you will know the history of data visualization, understand today’s datives tools, make connections with visuals, and evaluate the effectiveness of data visualizations.
- Module 2: This module will walk you through various methods to access data. The data could be either publicly available or company internal. The module also reviews why it is important for analysts to define clear objectives for their analysis. You will also be introduced to frameworks that help guide digital marketing analysis and their importance to data visualization.
- Module 3: In this module, you will learn an approach to finding patterns in data through visualization. You will see how charts can be used to communicate messages that can be conceptual or data-driven and declarative or exploratory.
- Module 4: This module explores telling stories, through data, that connect emotionally with your audience. It will also review examples and figures that make the concept easy to understand. You will learn the major do’s and don’ts of creating datives and rules that lead to the clear depiction of your findings.
- Students will learn to identify the ideal analytic tool for their specific needs; understand valid and reliable ways to collect, analyze.
- Students will gain knowledge visualize data; and utilize data in decision making for their agencies, organizations or clients.
Kevin Hartman is the Head of Industry at Google.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website
- Create a Coursera account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.