The University of British Columbia is offering free online course on Organizational Behavior. This course will teach you to think about the entire organization and examine how it behaves.
In this six to seven week course, applicants will learn to diagnose and solve organizational problems using fundamental concepts of organizational design, structure and culture. This course will start on April 10, 2018.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 6-7 weeks
Effort: 3-5 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: University of British Columbia and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $150
Session: Course Starts on April 10, 2018
The University of British Columbia is a global centre for research and teaching, consistently ranked among the 40 best universities in the world. Since 1915, UBC’s West Coast spirit has embraced innovation and challenged the status quo.
About This Course
This is an introductory course in organizational behavior. The primary objective of this course, part of the Business Fundamentals Micro Masters program, is to teach learners about the effects of organizational structures and interpersonal processes on the behavior of employees in organizations.
Why Take This Course?
This course will teach you to think about the entire organization and examine how it behaves. Throughout the course, the emphasis is placed on how you, as an employee, a leader or consultant, might experience, interpret, and manage employees, structures, processes and culture in organizations.
- Describe and apply key organizational behavior concepts
- Identify sources of power, motivation, and commitment in an organizational setting
- Improve teamwork skills by understanding team dynamics
- Review and recommend adjustments to organization structures, design and culture
Rob is an Adjunct Professor in the Organizational Behavior and HR Division at UBC Sauder. Rob received his MBA from Wilfrid Laurier University.
Candidates interested in pursuing the Micro Masters program in Business Fundamentals are advised to complete BUS1x Business Foundations and BUS2x Business Communications before undertaking this course.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)