The University of Queensland (UQ) is offering free online course on Philosophy and Critical Thinking. This course introduces principles of philosophical inquiry and critical thinking that will help us answer this question.
In this course applicants will learn how we can use philosophical ideas to think about ourselves and the world around us. The course will start on January 23, 2017.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 1-4 hours pw
Subject: Philosophy & Ethics
Institution: University of Queensland (UQ), and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $90
Session: Course Starts on January 23, 2017 – Self-Paced
The University of Queensland (UQ), Australia, is one of the world’s premier teaching and research institutions. Striving for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge UQ ranks in the top 50 Universities as measured by the QS World University Rankings. UQ is one of only three Australian members of the global Universitas 21 and a founding member of the Group of Eight (Go8) universities. UQ is recognised for its world standard specialised research and teaching excellence; having won more Australian Awards for University Teaching than any other in the country.
About This Course
What can we learn through philosophical inquiry that will help us to think with clarity, rigour and humour about things that matter?
This course introduces principles of philosophical inquiry and critical thinking that will help us answer this question. Learn how we can use philosophical ideas to think about ourselves and the world around us.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts. This is a most in-depth philosophy course available online.
- How to think with clarity and rigour
- How to identify, analyse and construct cogent arguments
- How to think of solutions to the central problems of philosophy
- How to engage in philosophical conversations with others about topics that matter
Deborah Brown is an Associate Professor of Philosophy in the School of Historical and Philosophical Inquiry (HAPI) at The University of Queensland.
Peter Ellerton is a Lecturer in Critical Thinking and Director of the UQ Critical Thinking Project in the School of Historical and Philosophical Inquiry at The University of Queensland.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)