Lund University is offering free online writing courses. This course aims to give you an understanding of the conventions of academic writing in English and to teach you the components and benefits of what is called process writing.
Acquiring good academic research and writing skills early on is essential for your success both at university and in your professional life. You can start your course any-time.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Subject: Writing in English
Institution: Lund University and Coursera
Certificate Available: Yes
Lund University was founded in 1666 and for a number of years has been ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 47 700 students and 7 500 staff based in Lund, Sweden. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
About This Course
Acquiring good academic research and writing skills early on is essential for your success both at university and in your professional life.
This course aims:
- To give you an understanding of the conventions of academic writing in English and to teach you the components and benefits of what is called process writing.
- To help you to put together your own “toolbox” of academic writing skills, as well as to give you a chance to test out these tools and to reflect on your own development as a writer.
- To encourage reflection on discipline-specific conventions; although the course deals with generic skills, you will be able to apply these generic skills to meet the particular needs of your own discipline.
The course consists of four modules:
- Writing in English at university: An introduction
- Structuring your text and conveying your argument
- Using sources in academic writing
- The writer’s toolbox: Editing and proofreading
In each module, you will find video lectures and reading assignments and assignments, such as quizzes, reflective self-assessment questions, as well as some peer review exercises in which you will have an opportunity to interact with other students taking the course.
Satu Manninen, Professor, Centre for Languages and Literature
Ellen Turner, Senior Lecturer, Centre for Languages and Literature
Cecilia Wadsö Lecaros, Senior Lecturer, Centre for Languages and Literature
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create a Coursera account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.