The University of London, SOAS University of London is offering free online diplomacy course. The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment.
The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty-five years. The course starts on March 5, 2018.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 1-2 hours/week
Subject: Global Diplomacy
Institution: University of London, SOAS University of London and Coursera
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course Starts on March 5, 2018
The University of London is a federal University which includes 17 world leading Colleges. Our International Programmes were founded in 1858 and have enriched the lives of thousands of students, delivering high quality University of London degrees wherever our students are across the globe. Our alumni include 7 Nobel Prize winners. Today, we are a global leader in distance and flexible study, offering degree programmes to over 50,000 students in over 180 countries. To find out more about studying for one of our degrees where you are, search for ‘London International’.
About This Course
The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera.
After completing the ‘Global Diplomacy’ MOOC, learners will have:
- The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies.
- An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics.
- A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy.
- knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts.
Dr J. Simon Rofe, SOAS, University of London, Senior Lecturer in Diplomacy and International Studies, Global Diplomacy Programme Director, Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy, SOAS, University of London.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website
- Create a Coursera account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.