The Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (GSCAAS) is offering scholarships for international students in China to pursue master and doctoral programs. These opportunities are awarded in the field of Natural Science, Engineering, Agriculture and Management Science.
GSCAAS award is established by GSCAAS to sponsor distinguished international students and scholars with excellent academic performance to pursue a higher degree or conduct research in CAAS.
User Review( votes)
The Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (GSCAAS) is a higher education institution mainly focusing on graduate education (Agency No.82101). As the education arm of CAAS, GSCAAS has been ranked among China’s first-class graduate schools with its overall competitiveness in the disciplines of agriculture.
- Applications Deadline: December 25, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing master and doctoral programs.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of Natural Science, Engineering, Agriculture and Management Science.
(1)Application Fee (charged after admission);
Master’s Student /Doctoral Student: 600 Yuan /person; Visiting scholar/Senior Visiting Scholar: 400 Yuan/person.
(2) Tuition fee:
Master’s Student / Visiting Scholar: 30,000 RMB/person/year; Doctoral Student /Senior Visiting Scholar: 40,000 RMB/person/year. The yearly tuition must be paid at the beginning of each academic year.
(3) Insurance fee: RMB 800/year;
(4) Accommodation fee: 1500 RMB /month for one student;
- Number of Awards: Numbers are not given.
- The award can be taken in China
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for GSCAAS Scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements:(1) Non-Chinese citizens;(2) Healthy and willing to abide by the Chinese laws and decrees;(3) Conform to the education and age requirements as follows:
(a). Master’s programs: holds a Bachelor’s degree and is under the age of 35;
(b). Doctoral programs: holds a Master’s degree and is under the age of 40;
(c). Visiting Scholar: has at least two years’ of undergraduate studies and is under the age of 35;
(d). Senior Visiting Scholar: holds a Master’s or higher degree, or has an academic title of associate professor or higher, and is under the age of 40.
(4) English and/or Chinese proficiency.
- English Language Requirements: English and/or Chinese proficiency is required.
How to Apply: Please submit the following materials in one package both in soft copy and hard copy, incomplete or unqualified applications will not be processed.
- Application Form for Study in CAAS ( Download the attachment);
- Photocopy of passport (at least 2 years validity) personal information page;
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy);
- Academic transcripts of the most advanced studies (notarized photocopy);
- Two reference letters from two Professors or experts with equal titles in related fields;
- CV and research proposal (no less than 400 words for visiting scholars, no less than 500 words for postgraduates);
- Photocopies of degree thesis abstract(Full paper needed if it is written in English) and representative academic papers;
- Verification of current employer or working unit(NOC letter);
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form(Please take health examination in the hospitals designated by the Chinese Embassy);
- Acceptance letter. Applicants with an acceptance letter from CAAS professors are preferred.
Note: All application documents are non-refundable regardless of the applicant’s admission status.