Empower your practical skills with the help of a Research Positions in Natural Sciences (Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Physics or closely related fields). This studentship is organized by the Friedrich Schiller University Jena.
There are two doctoral researcher positions and one postdoctoral researcher position designed to assist students who are willing to enrol research program at the university for the academic year 2021/2022.
Founded in 1558, The Friedrich Schiller University of Jena is situated in the beautiful city of Jena in the German state of Thuringia. It is well-known for providing excellent service and providing high-quality education.
Why study at Friedrich Schiller University Jena? Students at the University of Jena will find a diverse range of disciplines as well as excellent facilities for successfully completing their studies. The university’s lecturers and professors are very accepting of the applicants.
Application Deadline: April 29, 2021
- University or Organization: Friedrich Schiller University Jena
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral and postdoctoral degree
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Three
- Nationality: Domestic students
- The program can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Germany
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Doctoral and postdoctoral degree in Natural Sciences (Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Physics or closely related fields).
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A degree (MSc, PhD or equivalent) in natural sciences (Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Physics or closely related fields). Candidates in the final stages of obtaining their degree are eligible to apply
- Desirable methodological skills: excellent background in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, immunology and/or microbiology, hands-on knowledge of analytical methods
- Highly motivated individuals with an interest in joining one of the interdisciplinary research areas of the Microverse Cluster
- The abililty to work creatively and independently towards developing your own research project
- A collaborative personality with enthusiasm for actively participating in the dynamic Microverse community
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications are exclusively accepted via the JSMC Online Application Portal: https://apply.jsmc.uni-jena.de/
- Supporting Documents: You must have a CV, and a reference letter should be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: The candidates should be very proficient in the English language.
Friedrich Schiller University Jena will cover the study expenses in the following manner:
- A highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- A comprehensive mentoring program and soft skill courses for early career researchers
- Jena – City of Science: a young and lively town with a vibrant local cultural agenda